z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

CAREER WOBBLE ALERT!!! | MaeveMadden

CAREER WOBBLE ALERT!!!

• @Gemma Marston Thats so cool that you did that, are you doing the job you wanted now or still working towards? xx

• @Katy Evans im just in my final semester of university now to get me there. I've been doing it part time so that im still able to work too 🙂

• @Vicky Baker

Aaah thanks so much for your words Vicky! So so kind. 

Wow that is so amazing!! 20-30 years fair play to you girl that is commitment you should be proud!! 

Yesss this is the situation i’m in, the money is good and the team are lovely but my god the actual job drains me!! And I’m not myself when I get home (until i’ve done Queens workout!! But this week I’m having to force myself to do them because I lack energy so much but I know I’ll feel great after so I make myself!!) 

I do have some ideas but nothing set in stone - I keep coming up with a new idea every few days which doesn’t help!! Going to write it all down this weekend and try and make a decision and go from there I think.

Are you having a career break or have you found your happy job?!

Thanks again Queen xx

• @Katy Evans hey doll the airports were killed with lock down/covid so our company gave redundancy to almost 1000 people. 

So I'm currently at home full time with my 4 yr old and I'm trying to do a few webinars and stay open to options for now. I'm hoping to be in position to stay out of work until late spring and then start looking then but I don't want to go back into the massively stressful type position I was in again. I think my loyalty and conscientiousness made me a mug at times and I worked and put pressure on myself too so maybe this few mths of catching my breath will help x

Best of luck to you doll and weigh up all options and pros and cons and making the decision will be the most agonising part but once decision is made you will feel such relief x

• @Katy Evans aaawwww Queen I hear u doll. My heart goes out to u it really does. As someone who was in a job where I was bullied for 2 & half years, I was made to feel so worthless to name but a few things. But when I started to have panic attacks at the mention of work I knew something had to be done. Katy I admit I didn't know where I wld find the courage to do that but when I found my bully standing over me, finger in my face shouting at me, my heart pounding in my chest, ready to throw up. I knew enough was enough then. I got up & walked there & then. Never looked back.

So Katy, what ever makes u this upset, walk away from it, pls doll it leads to an awful amount of stress. Stress that u don't need. I know it easier said than done but just look to see what is out there at the moment even similar to what ure qualified for or even take time out go a different route altogether, work in a store, shop anything that won't give u this much stress. What's meant for u won't pass u by Queen. Chin up Katy u've got this, its only u that can make the change & Queens r right behind u. Luvs u lots jelly tots 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Meabh Reilly

Wow that is so amazing to hear!! You have been so brave that is really inspiring to me. I have got comfy in my job and would miss everyone and hate the thought of the upheaval of leaving but I need to be brave and do it!! Can’t go on being miserable going to work every day can we!! Spend a lot of our lives at work. Aah I hope you work it out girl it sounds like you’ve deffo got the brave pants on so I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Thanks for reaching out 😘 it's so good to talk about these things especially with such amazing gals on here!! xxx

• @Gemma Marston thats bloody awesome girl!! Must be so proud. Let us know when you finish, what an achievment that will be. So inspiring that you realised what you want and you're going for it xx

• @Vicky Baker

Oh my gosh, that is awful!! I’m so sorry you had to go through that. But on the plus side, what an awesome opportunity for you to have a bit of time to work things out.

Ah me too my job is so stressy!! I could do a side step into a role within the field but kind of want to move out of it completely into something chilled out!

Ah we do sound similar in that respect - I am the same I put too much pressure on!!

Take it easy chick and enjoy some well learnt quality time with your 4yo!! Thanks so much it’s so great to talk!! xxx

• @Audrey Browne

Audrey that is horrendous!! You go girl I am so so glad you stood up to them and walked out!! There is absolutely no excuse for behaviour like that I can’t believe you had to go through that!!! 

Ah you are soo kind Queen Audrey. I am so overwhelmed by this incredible network of women, you’ve helped me so so much and I hope I can return this one day!! ❤️ 

• @Katy Evans Oh I completely get it, I got so comfy too it was easier in some ways to stay...or to at least convince myself that I should stay!! But honestly even though I don't know what I'm at now & that's pretty scary, it feels so much better to be out of the situation altogether. Definitely a pros & cons list would be a good shout & have a look at what's out there to see if you've any ideas of what seems interesting for you. It'll all come right in the end I'm sure of it ❤️👑

• @Julia Knudsen thanks so much Julia that's so kind & encouraging, really appreciate it!! ❤️

• @Meabh Reilly

Meabh hearing your story has helped me so much. I have a much clearer head now and am going to be proactive about this and stop letting it drag me down! Thank you SO much. I hope we find out what we want to do and we love it!! I’m sure we will xxx

• @Audrey Browne so sorry to hear you had to endure that absolutely horrendous treatment girl xx 

Some people are so cruel and unhappy in their own lives and try to exert their anger onto others..so glad u stood up to the bully

In my previous role as well as being mostly finance/admin I was also involved with respect and dignity in work and did alot of union work on fairness and equality in workplace which I love. Bullies are the worst and they cost work places so much in lost time due to people being out on stress not to mention the cost to the bullied persons heath and well being 

Audrey you are a super kind person and super strong to walk away x

• @Katy Evans Queens supporting Queens doll. I wish u the very very best for whatever u doll as u only deserve the best Katy. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne ahhh Audrey my heart aches to hear that ☹️ All the love and support you give out to the world, some people are just nasty!!! Soooo proud of you for standing up to them! Xx

• @Meabh Reilly you are so welcome hun 💗

• @Vicky Baker thanks queen, I had to get out for my health & wellbeing. Finance/Admin was my field too. But its certainly not what I wld ever ever go back to again. I just love this forum. Queens r so good to each other. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Vicky Baker I'm so sorry you had to go through redundancy but the positive side to situations like this and especially the past year, it's made us stop and realise what's really important to us 💗 I know it's clichey but life is so short and it's so important to be happy and to be happy for ourselves, not for anyone else. Appreciate every moment with your 4 year old , it's time you will never get back xx

• @Audrey Browne it takes a really strong person to stand up to a bully especially when they are right in your face.. But you our beautiful Queen did it, and you held your head up high! 

• @Julia Knudsen thanks for ur words Queen they do mean the world. 🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• 2 / 3