½ Sweet potato
1 cup quinoa or brown rice
Big handful of spinach
1 can Chickpeas
(seasoning: 1tsp paprika, ½tsp cumin, ½ tsp garlic powder 1tbsp olive oil, pinch salt)
This will make enough to serve a few salad bowls. I usually pop it in a glass and save it in the fridge. This can be stored in your fridge up to about 5 days, probably longer but I always end up using it pretty quickly.
½ medium lemon, juiced
1tbsp maple syrup or Honey (but then not vegan)
1 pinch sea salt (optional)
Water to thin (about 1tbsp)
Tip: For extra flavour, you can cook the quinoa in vegetable or chicken stock.
- Pre heat oven 220c
- Wash the potatoes, cut into chunks, the smaller the quicker they will cook so I recommend 1inch.
- Add to a bowl, spritz with oil spray and a sprinkle of salt, mix and pop onto a baking paper lined tray. Into the oven they go for around 25-30 mins.
- Whilst they are baking, pop a pan/skillet on a medium heat,
- Drain and rinse the chick peas, then add to a bowl and mix in seasoning.
- Spritz a little oil spray in the pan Add the seasoned chickpeas and sauté, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- They are done when they’re warmed up and slightly browning on the outside. Cook for roughly 10mins, then set aside in a separate bowl.
- To serve, add a bed of quinoa or brown rice to a bowl and top with the spinach, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, avocado, tomato’s and drizzle with the dressing.
- In a mixing bowl add the tahini, lemon juice, syrup or honey and mix. (Salt)
Whisk it all up, it will go super thick but don’t worry.
Add in a little water and keep doing so until you get the desired consistency.
Taste and then you can adjust the flavour as you wish. I like mine quite sweet so usually add a little more honey.
Carbs: 40g Fat: 9g Protein: 15g.