z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Keeping gymgear fresh | MaeveMadden

Keeping gymgear fresh

• Boring question, but how do you stop your workout gear (tops and bras) from getting ruined? II have 2 of the gymshark tops maeve wears and I dont want to ruin them they are too cute!

• @Anne Hamilton Black I think the key is to follow the washing instructions, I usually put all my gym gear into a wash separate from everything else so that it's on a lower temperature and lower spin. I also never put fabric softener in with them and all my gear has lasted perfectly! Hope this helps x

• @Niamh Byrne Hmm what does the no fabric softener do? I know you're not supposed to be towels (but I cant help it I want the smell!!) Ive heard white vinegar is good for towels too instead of fabric softener.

• @Anne Hamilton Black Cold wash is the best for ensuring your clothes last. I've worked in clothing retail and the best way to ensure they stay is cold wash. You could also pop your tops in a wash bag. 

I usually mix 1 table spoon of baking soda to my wash cycle to neutralise the smell. I sweat like craaaaaaaazzzzyyyy. So I do this with every alternate wash of my workout wear. 

• @Bhoomi Lengde Good tip, I am the same I cant wear coloured tops normally esp if they touch my underarms, its like a tigger to make me sweat!!

• @Anne Hamilton Black I literally throw all my colours in on 40 degree and seperately my whites/lights in at 40 degrees. I use clothes horse during cold/wet/winter and clothes line in summer/dry weather and throw them into dryer for few mins to air (ie take the creases out to save me ironing :)) I heard somewhere before not to use fabric softerner on skinny jeans/jeggings as it compromises the elasticity but ive  always used it on everything.

Ive had fake tan stain the lighter stuff sometimes but i throw in a scoop of vanish and a colour catcher yokey and it does the trick x

• @Vicky Baker I usually do that, but I've invested in some shock absorber bras as my older bras have just been worn out, from wear and washing, and are no use really except maybe for Pilates or Barre so want to try and maintain the integrity of the elastic in particular.

• I used to work for Lululemon. Still have tops and leggings from 4 - 5 years ago which are still going strong. Definitely don't wash with fabric softner. Wash all your workout gear together on a low temperature and air dry. For sports bras, throw them in a delicates bag just to make sure they don't catch on anything. That's all I do and have found it works for me 😊

• @Anne Hamilton Black I'm honestly not sure but most of the gym gear I have says not to use softener so I've avoided it 😂😅 I actually use the Tesco own brand detergent and I get the lavender one and it smells DEVINE and I feel like I don't need softener with it, it's nice and cheap too if you're on a budget x

• Hi queens, ooooo love a good laundry, so not gonna lie I have 2-3 of each of those short gym shark tshirts and I rotate, only because I change and wash after every workout... I find with leggings they dont wear as much, I my coloured gym kit all together on a 40 degree mixed fabrics wash, and use fairy tablet.  I dont really use fabric softner on the leggings as it can ruin them but the lenor unstopabables booster active is specially for workout clothes so I use it...HOWEVER,  I cant use it on my pants as it makes me sooooo itchy lol... I also tumble dry all my leggings and sports bras, not my tshirts, makes everyhting tight again... hope thats helpful..

• @Maeve Madden Ive never tumble Dried any of my gear for fear of ending up with barbie sized clothes!! 🤣🤣🤣

I thought you must have a few of each one! 

Nice tip about the unstoppables, I love the gold one and havent seen the active one but didnt know thats what it was for!!

Will definetly try all these tips out! 

• @Ashleigh John Thanks, I have a fab pair of Lululemons they are so so soft!!

• @Anne Hamilton Black ya like today I did 3 workouts and so wore 3 tops even though in beginner I grabbed the wrong top and himself was in the room on a zoom call all my tshirts are in lol... I had to wear a long pyjama top ha .. but yes those wee gymshark ones I just bought a few they wash really well too.  they all get washed once a week and ive had them for months but I do not tumble dry those... The leggings I dont find shrink but thats me and ive short legs... lol 

• @Maeve Madden Yeah I think I will just have to buy more tops so I can just wash them all together on a low heat! I found that active Lenor scent booster in Super valu, tesco dont seem to do it so will try that with it!
    Any excuse for more shopping! I do like those tops, they arent as revealing as the tight tops when you are wearing high waisted bottoms so Id be more likely to wear them in the gym, Id have never even thought to get them only for seeing them on you!

• Anne, I find the Bold capsules are amazing for keeping my gym gear clean and not reeking 😂 I try to get tops washed asap to avoid the lingering sweat smell. If they do start to pong a bit, I throw them into a basin of warm water and two caps of vinegar. Leave them for an hour or so and then throw into the washing mashing :)

• @Caoimhe O'Connor I actually cant use bold, I can only use non bio or I end up with a UTI and really itchy skin! Though I do use the green Persil for any food stains but depending on the item I may need to wash it again after in non bio!! So annoying!

• Omg no fabric softener for gym gear, did not know that! Thanks girls!! 💖

• @Anne Hamilton Black oh no! The girls have shared some great tips so hopefully they helped!

• I bought the lenor Active in my local SuperValu yesterday and did a wash with it! All good so far!