z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

A Heartfelt Thank You Queens | Living with Breast Cancer | MaeveMadden

A Heartfelt Thank You Queens | Living with Breast Cancer

• Hey Queens 👑

I just want to send you all a massive heartfelt THANK YOU for showing me so much love and support last Fri 5th via QDQ Insta, it meant so much to me in a day where I was feeling so vulnerable 💖

That particular Friday, I was back in the hospital having another cycle of chemotherapy and my emotions were running riot on me! I want to be fully transparent and honest here so you understand where I'm at. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Inflammatory Breast Cancer, age 37 in January 2017. My treatment is live and ongoing having started with aggressive chemo and a medically induced menopause in 2017. In December 2019, I had to have a mastectomy of my right breast followed by 25 rounds of radiotherapy in February 2020 (just before Covid19 kicked off). Unfortunately, I had another recurrance in October 2020 in my liver and this is the treatment I am currently undergoing. Bascially, I am working my backside off to try kick cancer's ugly ass and live my life as best I can, living with a metastatic illness. It is one crazy, scary rollercoaster that I am on and I refuse to get off anytime soon 😊

This past week has been super tough both mentally and physically grafting my way through the side effects of treatment, it never gets any easier. When I signed up to Queens Don't Quit last year, I'll be honest, I wasn't in the best headspace, my mojo was so flat and I kind of dipped my little toe into classes but never fully committed. I've been following along watching all you amazing Queens celebrate and smash your respective goals yet still doing nothing about my own. I am pleased to say I finally got my act together since January with the Spring challenge, my exercise mojo is alive and kicking again and that really is down to the community here. Maeve has such a great style of encouraging a beginner like me who is starting from scratch all over again, to feel comfortable working out in my front room alongside a fellow Queen who is intermediate or advanced because at the end of the day, every single one of us is a Queen through and through 👑 

I'm mindful I've shared detail here that is very personal to me but I wanted to be honest in case any of you amazing Queens might be struggling right now with anything that is personal to you. Back yourself and trust that you can get through the difficult days, trust that whatever storm you might be navigating right now will in time pass. Remember to breathe and let things go, you are truly stronger than you know and that is beautifully powerful. 

Cancer has stripped me of so much of my feminimity and has impacted every single aspect of my life. I simply refuse to allow it take anything more from me so I'll see you in the morning for Glutes & Gains, my first class in over a week ouch...but I am feeling very grateful, so lucky and super excited for our Queen week ahead 😊

BTW...if you've got this far, thanks so much for taking the time to read 😊

Orla X

• @Orla Byrne my queen I'm with u all the way. As u already know I am in complete awe of u. U have the most beautiful soul. U have the most beautiful heart & ur strength is so powerful. U r honestly one of the most strongest people I have the pleasure of knowing. I truly truly look forward to the day we will eventually meet. Keep writing keep posting, keep smiling Orla. 💖💖💖👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Orla Byrne woow Queen you truly are an angel!!! To speak about this,  firstly must take courage,  well done on doing that.

You have been through so much orla but what u are doing,standing up to cancer and holding on to that strength deep down inside, you are so incredible!!!! Talking about things like this, I feel is amazing and wanting to help even just 1 more queen is so admirable!!!!

We are all behind, an army of queens! Reach out on the bad days and we'll do our best to help! Sending you all the love 💘  Queen xxx

You are a strong woman who is not gonna give up without 1 hell of a fight and i applaud you!!!!! 

• Oh my goodness Orla how incredible are you!!! You are so brave... thank you so much for sharing your story ❤️ You should be so proud of how strong you are! Keep your crown high queen 👑 

Sending you so much love 🥰

• @Orla Byrne you amazing, amazing lady- thank you so much for sharing your story, and I'm so glad you felt comfortable sharing it here. I am in awe of your strength of character, and your sheer determination to kick this in the bum is evident. The emotional and physical turmoil must be off the scale, but it is great to see you using QDQ as an outlet. I really feel you don't need to be doing all the jumping around, lifting all the heavy weights to get the benefit from this- it really is a balm for the head as well, between Maeve's energy and the chats & support from all the queens

You are incredible- and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way. You can do this, you have the support of us backing you all the way. 

Enjoy/"enjoy!!" Glutes and Gains!! 

• @Orla Byrne warrior queen. Thank you for trusting us with your story. You are such a strong woman. Keep fighting! 

• @Orla Byrne Wow Orla you are so so strong. Thank you so much for sharing, I can't imagine how hard this has been for you both physically and emotionally! ❤️ I'm sedning you so so much love and virtual hugs. Absolutely amazing that you're using QDQ to lift you up 👑 You are absolutely incredible and I am absolutely amazed at your strength queen. You are a true queen Orla 💛 Keep fighting Orla, we'll be right here supporting you 💪❤️xxx

• @Orla Byrne ok I'm here telling myself not to cry. Thanks for your amazing courage to share your story with us. Sending all the QDQ love and support to u right now. 💙👑😊

• @Orla Byrne wow in awe of your amazing spirit and fight! Always amazing. Sending you lots of support from the north side of Dublin and see you for a class soon online, wear that Crown as you own it!!  Always here for support and chats 
    dx 

• @Orla Byrne Orla, you are amazing, thank you for sharing your story! Your strength and determination to get through such a difficult time is incredible. You’ve got so much ahead of you. You’re truly inspiring 👑

• @Orla Byrne What an absolute queen you are, your energy and positivity is so inspiring !!! you are such an incredible person !! and thank you for sharing your strong with us, we are all here for you and only ever a DM away ! lots of love strenght and positive vibes for you !! ❤️

• @Orla Byrne u are A true Queen of  Queens 👑 thank u for sharing your story. Honestly you are one strong woman. Ur strengthen & positivity is incredible and very much inspiring. Im in awe, sending u lots of love xx ❤️ 

• @Orla Byrne You are a true queen, keep on fighting and kick cancers ass!! You got this 💗💗💗

• @Orla Byrne Amazing, Orla! You are truly the definition of a queen and as we all know, queens don't quit and it is quite evident with your story! Cancer can never strip anything from you no matter what society says or makes you feel. I'm so sorry for all the hards days you've had and I hope you can find the slightest bit of solace in knowing that you have an entire platform of people in your corner! xoxo

• @Orla Byrne thankyou for sharing your story orla . what a brave and lovely soul you are . you are the definition  of Queens don't quit ! keep strong orla , every single queen is behind you kicking cancers butt with you ! sending love 💕 

• @Orla Byrne you are a true Queen! So in awe of your drive and energy. Take care of yourself. we are here for you. Much love xx

• @Orla Byrne I'm sorry to have only just caught up on the forum and seen your post. You are one amazing lady and as the other queens have said, thank you so much for sharing your story, aren't we just so priviledged to be part of such a wonderful, strong, secure group of ladies which enables us to do that. You really are a QUEEN! Go you, we're all right behind you ❤️ sending you love ❤️

• @Orla Byrne wow, you are one amazingly strong queen, your honesty and bravery is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your story, you've got so many queens standing 'virtually' by your side. Keep strong, keep smiling and keep kicking cancers ass! You are fire gurl 🔥🙌🏻👑👑👑 x

• Hello Queens 💝

I've been absent here for a few months now but I have been trying to show up for myself every single day! Life is beautiful Queens but damn is it hard core at times! I've been reading through all your wonderful words of love, support and encouragment, my heart is fit to burst :) 

I'm right back in the cancer trenches again. It feels surreal to even try articulate this. I was so delighted with myself for getting through chemo for a second time following the recurrance in my liver. Sadly, three weeks ago, I found out my breast cancer has found its way to my brain and I am now 6/10 radiotherapy fractions deep, we are going to knock the remaining 4 fractions out of the park this week.

I'm not going to try hide it, the whole thing is terrifying but my shoulder is firmly to the wheel now with treatment, I remain committed to my life and how lucky am I to be able to have treatment to start with. I choose to seek out the positives and there are so many.

So I am stepping back onto this QDQ platform with hope and strength that I will be back to classes, water bottles, bands and floor mats asap to soak up the QDQ Summer vibes. I hope each and every one of you are feeling good and loving life, live the moment Queens.

All my love,

Orla 💝

• Well done to you such strong postive attitude to have 🙌💪your amazing it must be  very tough physically and mentally. The classes are great help I joined after very tough year myself and its really helped me get back into fitness.

• 1 / 2