z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Pet therapy dog | MaeveMadden

Pet therapy dog

• Maeve, as per the chat this morning, here's my boy Todd in his PAT dog role. 

We usually visit a dementia home but we can't at the moment because they still have visitor restrictions in place so we're currently visiting autistic children at a primary school. The school are thrilled with the results, how the children respond to the visits. 

If any of the Queens have calm well behaved dogs (or cats) the charity is desperate for volunteers - Pets as Therapy. It's such a rewarding thing to do. 

Xx

• @Kerry North Omg Kerry! What an absolute cutie pie Todd is! His little face 😍 Such a fabulous and rewarding thing you do and so lovely for the children to engage with him! I'm hoping one day to have a dog of my own 🤞💕

• Wow what a handsome boy! You both are doing amazing things ♥️♥️

• @Georgie Dillon thank you.  I've got 4 Georgie 🤣. Two are Todd's sons, Hugo and George and I have another one called Oscar. They're all black labs. Todd is perfect for PAT because he's 8 now ans much calmer than the others 🥰

• @Brittany Yeaton thank you 😘

• Omg isn't he gorgeous!!! 😍 Such a handsome boy! What a lovely thing to do... Well done to you both 🥰

• @Beth Haughian thank you lovely x

• @Kerry North Oh Kerry I am so jealous now 😂 Labs and golden retrievers are my absolute favourite 🥰 I love how you have a family of 4 and two are Todd's sons too, that is just the cutest! Oh that is just beautiful, he must love his role with the children too x

• Omg Kerry, Todd is so cute!!!! 😍😍 what you are doing sounds amazing and rewarding! ❤️ I have a black Labrador too, they are such nice dogs. I'm so jealous of you having 4 🤣

• @Jia Moriarty here they all are 🥰

• omg so cute Kerry what school is it you visit. My little girls autistic and learning diss ability she would love to have a visit to her school . We have little dog but trying so hard to get her an assistant dog as she will not leave the house only for school so summer hols means we are on our own mini lockdown ...🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• @Brenda Mckay we visit a primary school in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. 

You could ask the school your daughter attends to reach out to Pets as Therapy. They may be able to arrange visits with the school. 

I am a volunteer for that charity. We do weekly one hour visits & see 4 children in that time. 

One of the little boys (5yrs old) wears ear defenders because he can't cope with loud noises. He's very high on the autistic spectrum. He doesn't interact much with other pupils or teachers. But he loves the visits with Todd he interacts wonderfully with me & hugs Todd all the time. It's so wonderful to watch. X

• @Kerry North it's amazing we're in Ireland I must check if there is something available here . Ava would love it she select mutism and doesn't chat to anyone in school sometimes to her sna who is amazing. I think this is such a great idea for the kiddies. The doggies are so cute xx