z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Pre Christmas burnout | MaeveMadden

Pre Christmas burnout

• I started the Fitmas challenge all like "3 workouts a week?! Easy! Pftt...I'll do four!!"

The past two weeks my stress levels have just been hideous and I can barely manage the three workouts. I'm desperate to keep going because I worry that if I stop I will wallow and never get back to it but holy frosted snowballs is it hard.

My stress is not even entirely justified. It's all just wanting this Christmas to be perfect, not just for me but for those around me. Work is nuts (I work in retail, my job is to literally organise an entire department stores worth of staff every day) and there's extra work on top of my christmas levels of work and then staff keep dropping either with suspected Covid (not many fortunately) or with an awful cold/flu virus that's going around which means I have to re-do work I've already finished.

We're not hosting Christmas but we are seeing my family on Boxing Day, first time we've all been together in 18 months (so I'm freaking out about possibly catching covid and missing that) and then we're hosting husband's family the following day and they've made requests for homemade this and that but I have literally one day off before Christmas and I need to finish my Christmas shopping and do a food shop somehow and the news just keeps getting worse with this effing variant and it's all getting a bit too much and I'm starting to wish I could just hide in a cave until it's all over.

Okay, I'll stop moaning now. Just needed to vent. Sorry ladies.

I promise to remember that Queens Don't Quit! xx

• Awwwww Chloe, that sounds so stressful-I'm sorry.  But it sounds like you have consistently done three workouts a week for the past four weeks, which is great!  (Especially on top of your work load-I used to work retail so I know what's that's like at this time.)

Things don't need to be perfect.  If this is the first time you've seen your family in awhile, I'm sure everyone will be happy to be together.  Can your husband maybe do some of the shopping?  Or do you have services that will grocery shop for you and deliver?  (I'm American and I have no idea if this is a thing other places-sorry for my ignorance. 😊)

• @Krissy Froelich thank you. I am a bit of a control freak on the quiet so I tend to stress about stuff and struggle to delegate.

Unfortunately food delivery slots are booked solid so I will probably end up having to go late at night.

Just had the worst news though, my work colleague, who I sit next to and work with all day has had a positive lateral flow test. If she's caught covid then she has to isolate for ten days which means it's all down to me at work and, more worryingly, I could have caught it from her and not know it yet. Fingers crossed for me but this might ruin everything. 

• @Chloe Smith oh no!!!  I hope both you and your coworker are okay health wise!  Keep us posted please!