Sleep is an essential function that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed, alert and ready to take on a 'Queens Don't Quit' workout when you wake up. Sleep also helps the body remain healthy and stave off diseases. Without enough sleep, the brain cannot function properly, so YES your beauty sleep my Queens is very important.
We spoke to Queen 'Sleep Consultant' Lucy Wolfe to find out exactly how we can achieve a great nights sleep.
Here’s 5 Tips and Tricks from sleep expert Lucy Wolfe.
- Have a regular wake time every day, start your day by exposing yourself to bright and natural light-somewhere between 6-7.30am can help to regulate the body clock
- Have a consistent bedtime ending your day with dimmed lighting to help increase your melatonin production -adults natural bedtime hovers around 10-11pm and children under 8: 7-8pm
- Commit to your sleep need: Adults 7-9 hours, Teens 8-10 hours, Children 10.5-12 hours
- Get outside activity and fresh air at least 30 minutes-1 hours each day
- Have a balanced diet avoiding large meals close to sleep time and where possible, high sugar, processed food. Watch out for hidden sugar!
We are definitely going to implement these into our daily routine, are you?