Calling all our Beauty Queens, please read and take note.
Washing your make-up brushes not only makes them look new and shiny but it will take away a major majority of dirt, oil and bacteria that can build up over time and become harmful for your skin.
So, wait a second can dirty brushes cause me breakouts and spots?
Cristina Monaco, Certified Physician Assistant of Schweiger Dermatology Group in New York warns us ““Build-up of dirt and oils on your makeup brushes can cause acne breakouts and possibly rashes called dermatitis".
Ewwww I hear you say in your head, but how do I even start cleaning my brushes? We got you Queen! Below is 5 simple steps as to how you can clean your makeup brushes:
- Wet the makeup brushes with lukewarm water.
- Using a cleanser of choice into the palm of your clean hand.
- Gently massage the ends of your makeup brush,
- Rinse and repeat until your makeup brushes are completely clean.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
Note: Make sure to always face your makeup brushes down while cleaning to avoid reshaping your tools.
Want to know how the professionals do it. Check out the amazing Kayleigh Noelle (YouTube), with over 6million people clicking onto her ‘how to clean makeup brushes’ here’s another way you can clean yours.