INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
5% lean beef
Garlic x 2 cloves
1 onion grated or 2 spring onions
Kidney beans – 1 Tin
½ tsp of stevia or 1 square dark chocolate.
(Vegan option add 1 red pepper & 2 carrots Chopped)
1tbsp corn flour if needed to thicken.
1 shot of whiskey (optional)
Tortilla Chips or rice
Sour Cream / Oat Fraiche
Grated Cheese – (Violife Cheddar)
- In a large saucepan add 1tbsp oil to a med heat.
- Add onion or spring onion, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 1 tbsp oregano
- Keep stirring until the onion is very soft and after about 5 mins add Chilli (diced fine) 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin stir for about 1 min. (Add the carrots if using)
- Add 2 heaped tbsp of tomato paste, continue to stir for 1min.
- Pop the heat up and add the beef, stir and break it down for around 4-5 mins.
- Throw in the can of tomatoes. Break it down with a spoon. (add the red pepper)
- Now add the drained kidney beans and stir. (black beans too)
- Approx. 230ml of Chicken Stock, I used a stock pot, you can just fill up the tomato can if you don’t have a stock cube and chuck it in.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a low simmer.
- After about 30 mins, add some seasoning, a few dashes of Worcester sauce, salt and the chocolate / whiskey if you wish. Stir and then simmer another 10 mins
- Prep your Toppings.
- Grate the cheese about 15-20g per person.
- Mash the avocado ½ pp, adding a sprinkle of salt, 1 fresh lime squeezed & 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander.
- Promise this is worth it, add some pepper to the chilli, ensure you scrape the sides of the pot.
- Serve in a large bowl with a side of Tortilla chips and topped with cheese, guac and sour cream.. Deliciousness.
Storage: will keep in an airtight container and freeze.
Note: you can add the chilli to a baked potato instead of tortillas, or a bed of rice. This also tastes even better the next day for lunch.
Cals (rough estimate using brown rice): 440
C: 36 F:14 P:35.