A family favourite esp in winter.
500g sweet potatoes peeled and diced
500g / 1 packet lean 5% or less mince beef
3 carrots peels and diced
1 cup peas frozen is grand
1 large onion or spring onions chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp tomato puree
1tsp smoked paprika
2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
300ml beef stock or chicken stock
Salt pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. About 10 minutes.
- Drain and mash, then season with salt, pepper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for a minute or so.
- Add the ground meat and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper, broth & flour. Simmer for a few minutes until the liquid is reduced, then stir in the peas & Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread the meat mixture into a baking dish. Add mashed potatoes on top and spread it evenly all the way to the sides.
- Bake until the potatoes are just starting to brown, about 20 minutes. Rest, then serve and enjoy!
Tip: Sprinkle with a little grated cheese mmm
Storage: Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can freeze for up to 3 months.
Cals: 328 kcal
C:30 F:12 P:25.