I love fajita night, its just fresh and simple, filling and fully of delicious flavours.
I usually use jumbo king prawns, but you can you chicken or Vegan option tempeh too.
I'm keeping it simple by just using a spicy Mexican mix bought in a super market. You can always be adventurous and make your own spicy mix.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2):
400g of protein (shrimp)
Taco or fajita mix
2 peppers thinly sliced
1 onion sliced (optional)
4 Corn tortillas
40g Cheddar or Violife
3 Spring onions
2 Vine tomatoes
2 tbsp Sour Cream
- In a bowl combine shrimp, 1 tsp olive oil & spice mix squeeze lime juice. Set aside for about 10-15mins
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil. Add bell peppers / onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in crushed garlic and cook for another minute. Remove vegetable mixture from skillet.
- 1 tsp oil. When the oil just beginning to smoke add the shrimp in one layer in the pan.
- Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side. Remove from hot pan to a clean plate. Cooking time will vary.
- Add peppers / onion back to the pan, cook stirring for 1 minute .
- Serve spicy shrimp fajitas hot with warmed tortillas and lime wedges.
Grated Cheddar cheese.
1 Tbsp of sour cream
Guacamole – Mashed avocado, 1tbsp finley chopped coriander, big pinch sea salt, drizzle of olive oil, ½ lime squeezed.
Tomato salsa: Roughly chop tomatoes and spring onions and chilli – depending how hot you like it set some seeds aside. Add the ingredients including coriander and ½ fresh lime juice, to a food processor and pulse 2-3 times, the tomato will blitz fast and you don’t want a puree. Pop in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste and if needed some more chilli seeds, if you can let it rest for 30-40 mins, otherwise enjoy.
C: 33 F:14 P:40.