These are one of my favourite snacks and will last 2-3 days, also great if you have slept in and need to grab something from the fridge quickly.
400ml egg whites
Pinch of salt.
Your options are endless really
Feta & Pepper
Ham and cheese
Spinach cheese and tomato
Mushroom & Red peppers
remove the tomato seeds before to prevent sogginess.
½ red pepper
30g of feta
- Preheat oven – 180degrees
- Either use egg muffin cases or a muffin tin & lightly brush them with the coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, whites water and salt.
- Add egg mix half way to each case.
- Add your filling of choice
- Note: The muffins puff up while they cooking. Fill them 3/4 of the way up to prevent overflow.
- Bake for 20 mins
- Let cool for at least 10 min before removing them from the case.
- Pack them in airtight containers and pop them in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can reheat in the micro for roughly 15 seconds.
Carbs: 1g Fat: 1.4g Protein: 5g.