1tbsp / 10g flax seed
Water – your preferred consistency
Toppings are always optional, I prefer to have berries in my oats to add a yummy natural sweetness
100g of egg whites, Whisk in half way through cooking.
1tbsp chia seeds (optional) but an amazing source of omega 3
Protein add on:
I get eggs in oats sounds a bit odd but do give it a try, if not then
1 scoop protein powder.
1-2 Boiled eggs on the side.
- Combine water, oat and flax, into a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a boil. Then, turn heat down to low/medium and continually stir for around 2-3 minutes as the oatmeal cooks and thickens.
- Whisk in the optional egg white.
- Once oatmeal is at desired consistency, remove from heat.
- Add toppings & or protein powder.
Stir half way through cooking if using the microwave to avoid explosion.
If adding protein powder, add after cooking and you will most likely need some extra water to mix smoothly.
Carbs: 32.5g Fat: 8.6g Protein: 18.3g Fibre: 18g.