z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Random bruising? | MaeveMadden

Random bruising?

• Hi Queens! I have a very random one for you... For well over a month now i have been getting random bruising on my legs (only legs), despite not banging into anything, or hitting my weights on them etc, basically no real cause for them, and not places which i could easily bump and forget about! 

My family are of the opinion that its because i am exercising too much as googling it has said 'intense exercise' can be causing factor (i do the team queen workouts 4-6 times a week but i have been doing so since March and always listen to my body to decide if i need a rest!) so i dont think this is the cause but they have asked me to check on here incase anyone else us experiencing the same? I have an appointment with my doctor soon and was planning to bring it up there if it was still occurring but just was curious if anyone else had experienced it! Like i said very random 😅

• @Danielle McKay I always get bruises on my knees from kneeling on them but that's really about it that I think could be from workouts! I usually have loads of bruises on my legs anyways cause I bruise like a peach but always have had. Are you anaemic or anything? My iron can get a wee bit low and my physio told me that can cause easy bruising. 

I often end up smacking myself with weights by accident cause I'm just so accident prone, I was convinced a few weeks ago that I had a broken finger after I was doing russian twists with a 5kg weight and let it fall down on my hand 😂😅 Then yesterady I was doing last fridays workout and when I was doing the halo move with the weight I didnt bring it over far enough towards the end of the set and smacked it off the side of my head 😂😂😂😂 This is why I don't usually think much about the bruises I get because I'm such a cluts😂 I'm always ending up with mysterious bruises!!! 😂

Yeah if they're just coming out of nowhere it might be worth checking it out but hopefully it's not much to worry about xx

• Hey queens!!! I'm quite the same as niamh,  I wack myself with weights and bruise quite easily too. I even bang my hands together when doing the batten rows..... 😂.  I would get it checked though if you were concerned about it, always best to ask doc just incase xx

• @Danielle McKay oh that is really random, I do bruise very easily too maybe your lacking in vitamins?? I believe its vitamin c and b12, need to double check, but yes 100% go to the doctor.  Relieving bruising you can do this by cooling the area with a cold compress.  

• @Niamh Byrne Niamh omg the thought of a 5kg on your finger 🤢 you poor thing im not surprised you thought it was broke!!

Thanks so much for replying, i think I'll just keep an eye out and hope it goes away and if not I'll get it checked out 😊😊  xo

• @Carmel Mulvany thanks Carmel! Yeah i would say i bruise quite easily but I'd like to think I'd notice if i was wacking myself with a 5kg weight, if not maybe i should be worried about that 😅😂😂 but we shall see anyway!xo

• @Maeve Madden Hi Meave! Thanks that's a good shout actually, i do take vitamins normally but they would only be the wee cheapy ones from savers etc not sure if that makes a difference to how well they work 😂

I will give the cold compress a go as well, thanks a million! 

• @Niamh Byrne hope ur ok  was that you that couldnt do workout today xx 

• @Carmel Mulvany thanks Carmel! Yeah it went well and all is clear thank god 🙌🏻 I'd been having awful trouble with my throat and ears for a good while, I'd get regular tonsillitis and infections and inflammation in my throat and ears so went to the Doc about it yesterday and they were concerned there might've been something more sinister going on so had to take a trip to the ENT hospital to get it all checked out properly but thankfully nothing serious going on and apparently I'm just unlucky to be prone to persistent throat infections, not ideal especially during covid but delighted that there's nothing major going on 🙌🏻🙌🏻X

• @Danielle McKay Did you go to the doctor? I'm curious about his subject because I get the same

• @Valeria Lorgio i did! They did a few blood tests but they all came back clear. My doctor suspects its actually from me itching as i have quite bad excema at the moment, and i bruise easily due to thyroid problems.. But i am still monitoring it as i don't actually think i have been itching my legs that much, i try not to so we'll see... 🤔 The mystery continues!