z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Side Plank Problems | MaeveMadden

Side Plank Problems

• Hi Queens... does anybody else really struggle with side planks? I cant seem to get the proper engagement when doing them.

Does anybody have any alternative exercises I could do instead? Thanks 😇

• @Karyn Mannion have you tried leaving knee on group until you build strength? I did not like these at the start but I find with time and practise I got better. I sometimes find it sore on my elbows..... if you seen how pointy my elbows are, you wud understand why 😂😂

• @Carmel Mulvany yeh ive tried with my knee down but still cant get the hang of it! Maybe its where Im placing my elbow or something haha I've no clue. Will just have to keep trying 😄

• @Karyn Mannion it cud where elbow is alrite.... I put extra padding under elbow for support and try to makesure its directly under shoulder! Maeve might have another alternative though!!+xx

• @Karyn Mannion Heya Queen, how about trying it this way.  Lie on ur side with both knees bent & stacked one on top of the other (kind of like foetal position) & pull urself up on ur elbow, making sure that ur elbow is directly under ur shoulder. Then simply raise ur hip & hold for a few seconds & return hip back to ground. Practice this for a bit on both left & right sides. Make sure to keep ur tummy tight as this helps with balance while also protecting ur back. When u feel confident enough then just straighten the top leg out & then raise ur hips, hold for a few seconds & return back to floor. Practice this for a bit. When u feel confident & stronger u will b able to proceed to a complete side plank. Hopefully this helps Karyn. 

• @Audrey Browne go queen!!!!! I knew you wud have a good option!!!! Woow my arms r sore from lotties power house workout!!! Hope ur keeping well xx

• @Carmel Mulvany Heya Queen, lotties workout - I know right! I was same sore arms but u know what I loved the boxing side of it as I love boxing workouts. I hope ure keeping well Carmel! 💕💕💕

• @Audrey Browne @Carmel Mulvany yess thank you both so much for your help will definitely try out your technique today Audrey 🤗

I do the workouts the dsy after theyre live so doing lotties one today! Can't wait love boxing style workouts 👑

• @Karyn Mannion ooh I'm like u love love boxing. It's handy that u do the workouts day after Karyn because u can pause when it comes to the side planks & do them at ur own pace no rushing 12 to 16 reps each side normally but only do what u can do to start. Ur gonna love lotties workout. Enjoy Queen. Uve got this 👍 👑👑👑👑😀

• Hey queens, happy Friday!! Made live today ..... whoop whoop! Love getting work out done early and ready to take on d day, I usually do workouts in evenings 🤪 !!! How spicy was today?? My butt was on fire!!!!!! Loved it so much! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• @Carmel Mulvany happy Friday doll. Omg Queen I cldnt believe I was getting sore doing the workout. 😩. Pls tell me u were the same!!!!!! I had a very hot shower after & went hell for leather cleaning the house as I was afraid I wld b 2 sore if I left it any later. So glad I did as I went to sit down earlier & OMG the PAIN, the soreness !!!! 😲 😲 😲 😲. But all so worth it. So glad u got in a live Queen 👑. Have a great weekend. 

• @Audrey Browne oh my gosh i struggled through it all..... so sore!!! So weird but I went for walk straight after too as I knew I'd feel it later! It was in another level today, loved it!!!! So glad its Friday,  enjoy ur wkend to honey xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany a completely different level altogether 🥵🥵🥵🥵. I'm with u thank god it is Friday 😍😍. Have a great weekend Queen 👑 

• @Karyn Mannion Hi Karyn, oh poop, have your been trying the alternatives we give to build it up, starting one both knees, then one knee?  Start on your side with your feet or knees together and one forearm directly below your shoulder, this part is important, then squeeze that tummy and lift up.  Also hold for as long as you can, as soon as you start dropping the hip or rolling be sure to rest and then try again. If you are finding it easy on both knees you can try the single knee and then always place your hand on the floor instead of your forearm. hope this helps 

• @Maeve Madden Thank you yes I have been practicing two knees just as @Audrey Browne suggested 😁 will do Fridays workout tomorrow and continue to practice the side plank in every workout so I can build up my strength 🤗 Thanks to all you queens for your help @Carmel Mulvany 👑👑👑

• @Karyn Mannion ah thats amazing, oh you have probably missed my beginner planking options we do them on wednesdays defo check out that core its at the end of the wednesday workout classes. 

• @Maeve Madden might do that too, I started doing the workouts on insta mid-July but I've never been good at side planks. Thats my goal for Christmas-master them! 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday 🥂