z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Annoying Knee Pain 😠 | MaeveMadden

Annoying Knee Pain 😠

• Hey queens, 

I hope you are all keeping well ❤️ I've been quite proud of myself recently by keeping up my three/four workouts a week while on hospital placement. I'm just popping on here though because I've always had bad knees for as long as I can remember (I guess I'm just on of the unlucky ones anyone else? 🙋), So basically I had found that I hadn't been getting as much knee pain since starting team queen and I put it down to strengthing the muscles in my legs so theres not as much pressure on the joint with movement. Unfortunately in the last two weeks I've been getting awful pain in my right knee and it feels like it's kind of within the joint just behind my kneecap. Sometimes it's absolutely fine and then others I could just be walking and it will just be so painful that I can't put any weight on it at all. As you can imagine this has meant I've had to try take it easy in terms of workouts, I took a break from workouts for most of this week, I managed to complete my third workout of the week this morning (#queensdontquit 💪) but I find myself taking it very easy so having to take low impact versions of almost everything and marching it out when there is a move I can't do. I have found I can't do lunges at all now, even the side lunge movement we do in the warm up is a nono for me now 😞. As a lot of you can imagine as a queen who has been doing these workouts for months now I would class myself to be at an advanced level so it is so so frustrating having to take it completely easy. I feel that with all the stress of uni and hospital placement right now I find that I also need to be minding my mental health and for me and probably lots of you guys exercise is my self care, it's my time to myself and it gets me down when I can't do anything! I feel like the pain may be from standing on my feet all day but obviously I'm not too sure what's causing it. One minute I could be walking along pain free and the next it feels like someone has hit me across the knee with a baseball bat!!

So basically I'm just wondering if any other queens experience knee pain and what you do about it? If anyone knows any good supplements or stretches that I can do that might be able to help I'd appreciate it so much! I honestly will try anything that might help at this stage! I heard Revive Active supplements are meant to be very good so if anyone has tried those I'd really appreciate any opinions you have on them!

Thanks in advance queens xx

• @Niamh Byrne awww Niamh I'm so sad to hear this. U poor thing. I can really really sympathise. I have had knee problems most of my life. Still do. But as it turns out it stems from my back problems & general wear & tear. U have done the right thing in reducing the impact on ur knee. Sounds to me it cld be fluid retention in ur knee, which is a very sore thing & can feel exactly like u described OR it cld simply be just down to working footwear, but I'm not a doctor so honestly Niamh I wld see a doctor about it, because as u said u're on ur feet all day so ull need to do something about it ASAP before it gets any worse. Its getting u down too doll so having the answer will lessen all the stress & worry u r putting urself through. With regard to supplements there r some fantastic Joint Care supplements out there, your doctor or Local Chemist wld advise u better there. But pls make sure u get it seen to Niamh. Take care Queen & remember that u r a queen & queensdontquit🥰. We r all here for u 100% so keep talking to us. U can message me anytime doll 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne aw Audrey thanks so much for your support! I do tend to get a lot of extra fluid around my knees so it might just be a flare up! I've ordered new shoes for placement because I think my other ones might have been losing their support so hopefully the new ones will arrive soon and might help a little 🤞 Yeah I genuinely think I've been trying to convince myself that it'll go away by itself so I wouldn't need to phone the doctor but I think I might be better off giving them a bell this week maybe just to see what they think. Thank you so much Audrey, you're honestly a star 👸❤️❤️

• @Niamh Byrne well done Queen. Its better in the long run to get it sorted ASAP. Don't be like me who left things on the long finger & actually never did anything about it & now I'm suffering. The longer u leave it the more damage u cld possibly b doing Queen & it does catch up with u Niamh. Let me know how u get on doll. Thinking of u. 🥰 Stay Safe  Niamh 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Niamh Byrne hey queen, awh so sad to hear this!!!! Knee pain is not good and can really be hard to fix. I had that issue a few years ago and like @Audrey Browne mentioned it was caused by fluid retention but at the time there wasnt enough fluid to drain so I was told to just get on with it.  I do find in the winter time when its colder,it does play up alot more. I dont take supplements but starting to think I should be!! Hope it feels better soon xxxx

• @Niamh Byrne oh Niamh, you poor thing I am so sorry to hear this.  Well firstly yes do consult with your doctor or physio to see what the problem is.  Often we have pain somewhere and it could be an issue with another part of our body not functioning properly. I would def suggest sitting esp in the evening with your feet raised to reduce inflamation.  Also an inflammatory rub would be good and of course wearing a support on your knee if needs be.  Agree with Audrey it could be wear and tear of your shoes also as our feet eventually shape into the soles of the shoes and then they loose their propper support.  

I would take rest until the pain goes away, whats one week off?? You could join in on the yoga its this Sunday and that may be helpful with some stretching.  Let us know how you get on. 

This is another reason glute day is important to build up strengh and also our single leg exercises too.

• Oh poor girl! I broke my knee a few years ago and it still gives me pain. Have you tried a knee brace and I would definitely use ice! Ice it every day, it helps with inflammation. Or any time it acts up. Good luck hope this helps!❤️❤️❤️❤️👑👑👑👑

• Hey queens, thanks for all the help on here! I'm still away from exercise unfortunately 😅 and even the yoga is too much for my porr knee to handle. I did upper body sweaty 7's during the week but I just feel like it just doesn't give me the same buzz as the other workouts do! I went to see my doctor and I'm just waiting to hear back about an MRI, they're thinking I might have a meniscus tear which most definitely is not fun 😅 It's starting to get to a really stressful time in my college semester with exams and I just find that now I have no way of exercising my stress away, any queens have any advice for stress relief? I can't even go for a decent walk with the bloody thing I swear I'm losing my mind 😂 Also do any queens have any advice on how I can avoid going back to square one during an inujry period? I'm so afraid that all my hard work is going to head down the drain in the next few weeks because of this, and college stress leads to lots of snacking which doesn't help 😅😂 Thanks for any help as always queens xx

• @Niamh Byrne oh niamh I'm so sorry ur knee is still so bad!!!! That's so hard for you, especially with stress from college!!!! Unfortunately I'm not the best to advise you what to do next, I know from my experience when I had an injury, rest was the only thing that helped. I'd say stick with the sweaty 7s upper body just to keep ur head sane. Hoping you have a super speedy recovery hun!!!! We are all here to help you where we can! Stay strong  xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany I will have arms of steel by the time I recover and my leg muscle will have vanished 😂 Basically the opposite of what I am now because all my strength is in my legs, maybe the world is telling me that I need to sort out my spaghetti arms 😂 

• @Niamh Byrne 😂😂😂 oh you'll build up those strong legs again hun!!! You just need recovery for sure now!!!! Do you swim, might help when places open again too!! Xx 

• @Niamh Byrne 😲oh no u poor sausage. I'm going mad over u doll 🥺. Well u r doing the right thing for it at the mo. Rest is best. But that doesn't mean u have to give up Queen. For starters u have the Sweaty 7s which, don't forget u nd to use ur core for also. But still there's some of the abs u can still do plus as u'll b lying on ur back so I wldve have thought leg drops or raises wld still b OK, even Russian twists, as alot of ur core is used here. Also have u thought of doing seated exercises???? There are plenty of options for u doll. But for sure check with Maeve as she is the professional here. She will definitely put u on the right track. So don't lose faith Niamh u're a trooper ull come out of this fighting fit doll. Take care Queen keep smiling no stressing 🥰🥰🥰🥰. 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️