z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Fitbit exercise settings | MaeveMadden

Fitbit exercise settings

• What different exercises do people select for workouts on Fitbit

e.g. Combat queens, lean legs, perky peach vs sweaty 7s

• @Niamh Hayes I just got a new Fitbit Versa for Christmas so haven't had much time to play around with it yet 😂 I used to always just set workout for everything but I set weights for sweaty 7s. I know my new Fitbit has interval workout, boot camp and circuit options but I'm not sure if there's actually any difference in them x

• @Niamh Hayes I have the fitbit versa 2 and I know the selection isn't as good as the Apple watch. But i vary it to be honest. I used to use the climbing setting for most of the classes as I felt I was getting a better reading. U'll have to play around with the settings to see which gives a more accurate reading. I know u can only have 7 choices so I have my settings with all the fast pacing exercise options. Hope that helps Niamh 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Niamh Hayes hi Niamh. I have the Fitbit Charge 4, and I use the "workout" setting for all except for Sweaty 7s where I use the weight setting. HOWEVER I did a good bit of research ("research") on this previously, and actually I believe there is not actually any difference between what is being recorded - ie for weights it's not like it recognises that I'm not doing as much cardio but more weights and it adjusts any settings specific for this, it seems to actually just be a categorisation so if you want to review by category. So I wouldn't actually worry too much about what you choose as it is more or less capturing the same info either way. 

• @Sharon Scully awww Sharon thats a great response I think they are all pretty similar as well. I use the apple watch but for example today I forgot to set it and when doing the 20min hiit it asked me was I doing an indoor run.  So just goes to show it doesnt quite matter as long as your smashing it

• @Niamh Hayes I use the apple watch but the comments above are a great insight.  As long as your moving your grand.. The watches are just a rough Idea for what your burning, I do love mine.  It gives me a kick up the ass when im sitting around all day and see I havnt moved for a minute 

• @Niamh Hayes completely agree with @Sharon Scully I do the same settings with my Fitbit but it doesn't seem to make too much difference to the overall stats so I mainly just use the "workout" category. Maybe try it out and see what works better for you. I also find if I push my Fitbit so it sits slightly higher on my wrist during a workout, the reading is better. 

I love my Fitbit, tracking steps and workouts it just keeps me motivated! 

👑🙋🏼‍♀️

• @Sarah Williams @Sharon Scully thanks so much.. I never would have even thought that it was just so I could categorise the exercises for myself! Yeah I saw when I set it up first that they advise wearing it higher so maybe I'll try that when I'm exercising! Thanks so much girls!! Team Queen xoxo

• @Maeve Madden Totally agree, having religiously done your workouts during level 1 and not doing one since June bank holiday in def feeling the BURN. Find the watch gives me a little motivation and accountability after a 7 to 4 shift!! Team Queen getting stronger 👸🏻 👑 💪 🔥 

• @Niamh Hayes heya, I've the fitbit versa 2 since July and always just set it to circuit training for all the Queen workouts. Not sure if that's correct or not but I find it fairly accurate. 🤗

• @Maeve Madden What program do use for Queens workouts? I am new to Program and loving it! thank you 

• @Niamh Hayes I am the same as @Sharon Scully, I use the 'workout' setting for all except Sweat 7s when I use 'weights'. You can also set the steps reminder, similar to what @Maeve Madden has on her apple watch, every hour which is great especially if you have a desk job like me.

Little bit off topic but if you're new to the Fitbit, my favourite setting is the 'Smart Alarm'. You set the time you want to be awake by, e.g. 8am, and it will wake you up within the 30mins before this time at the point in which you are in your lightest sleep. I really think it's great and I don't wake up as tired 🌞

• @Kate Healy Oooooh I shall definitely be looking into this!!! I'm always so so groggy in the morning even if I've gotten over 8 hours sleep (you can tell I don't have kids haha) so this sounds really good. Thanks for the tip!! 

• @Kate Healy I never knew about the smart alarm, thanks so much for sharing. I have a sunrise alarm clock that does it too. I find it very good in the dark winter mornings. Thanks for the tip!

Have a lovely weekend Queens! 

• Just got gifted the Fitbit Versa 3 for the birthday and these comments really helped me get a bit more organised for the Glutes & Gains class that i'll catch up to tomorrow 😄