z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Protein Recommendation | MaeveMadden

Protein Recommendation

• Hi all,

I am new to Queens Don't Quit. I have had a look through the forum and I can't see this mentioned anywhere, but apologies if it is already covered.

I am just wondering if we should we be taking a protein supplement after the workouts? If so, does anyone have a favourite brand/flavour they would recommend and ideas how to take it/incorporate into your diet?

Appreciate the help in advance.

Diann 

• @Diann Cannon I don't take it as a supp just as one extra meal in the day to up my protein 🤗 I usually have it on my way home from work so I can come straight in do my workout and have dinner later! I use MP musclepharm combat protein choc flavour get it online. have tried out a good few (lots not v easy to take) And like this the best! Sometimes use it for overnight oats too can be such a handy breakfast/lunch! Oats, PP and coconut milk 👌 you could try a vanilla too and use it to make a strawberry/banana/spinach smoothie! Getting a powder you like is most def trial and error thing I think! 

I wouldn't skip a meal just to have a protein shake I think that's the main thing to remember with them 😄 

• @Leonie Mcnulty Thanks Leonie, that's v helpful! 

• @Diann Cannon I make a protein shake almost daily (with various combinations of fruits, nut butters, etc) and use Orgain or Vega brands. They're plant based, but I'm a pescatarian. I've heard whey protein powders are good too!

• @Diann Cannon i am also looking for a protein that doesn't taste like protein. I want to use it in cooking and baking not really for shakes but I just am so put off by the weird after taste of protein that I got a while back from some brand.