z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

How are you feeling? | MaeveMadden

How are you feeling?

• Hearing the news of an extended lockdown was not easy. Hopefully things will ease off a little come March but it's so hard to predict 😢 I've been lucky and able to move home and work from home which I actually really enjoy, I'm back living with my family and all my family are within my 5Km and live beside the beach. I find this lockdown though a lot harder than our previous two lockdowns. January is just dragging on i can't wait to see the end of it. I have been using Denise Kennys the head plan planner to try and plan my weeks which has been keeping me motivated. Having a pretty miserable few days had to put our family dog of 15 years down on Saturday 😢💔 so not been in the best of moods. I just finished Maeves combat, and that definitely helped, I am feeling a lot better now. Hoping for a better week ahead 👑

• @Jia Moriarty Aw Jia so sad to hear about your dog, they really are part of the family ❤️ It's been so tough and like you I just want January to end because it feels like we've been here for months 😅 so glad you did the workout and feel better now queen, I'm honestly feeling a lot better too thankfully, think I'll be sleeping well tonight after that class 💪🏻😅

• @Emma Conquer Aw Emma I hope you're okay, sending lots of love and hugs your way 💛💛 it's be so hard and sometimes we just have to let our emotions out! I have a habit of trying to hold everything in and being the one who keeps everyone else smiling but I think it's so much better to let it out when you need to rather than letting it build up and up 😅 Hope you're okay Queen 👑💕

• @Niamh Byrne The Head Plan Journal is by Denise Kenny-Byrne- I had a quick look and it's sold out at the moment, but if you maybe follow them on insta you can keep up when it is back in stock (also follow Denise, she is a breath of fresh air!)- HOWEVER I just remembered that they put a downloadable "lockdown pack" which is basically like an exerpt of the journal that you could try out: it's available here:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0250/8698/4288/files/The_Head_Plan_-_Lockdown_Pack_-_Interactive.pdf?v=1609425439

In terms of books:

I'm currently reading Jay Shetty "Think Like a Monk"- now it's not about the headshaving and the cloaks, but just how to help shift the mindset to focus on the base values and intentions that may better serve you in life. It is really simply written, I read maybe a chapter a night and I'm highlighting what resonates. It is this book that has recently lead me to try have my new focus on the journey rather than the end destination, and if you focus your intentions on the day to day achievements on the way to the destination you will feel so much more fulfilled, and likely will still reach your goal but be better for it! I'm loving it anyway! Especially at the moment when who the eff knows where we are going to end up!

Another really good one if you feel you have that bit of what Esther calls Monkey Chatter is "The Chimp Paradox" by Steve Peters- it's about reframing that negative voice you have in your head. I made the mistake of ordering the cd of this (how is this still a thing!) by mistake so haven't made as much of a way through it. 

Another one is by Brian Keane, you might have seen me mention him a bit- it's called "Rewire your Mindset" and it's a similar enough theme in terms of helping to determine your why and how you can go about achieving. Brian describes it as having your ladder up against the right wall- if you don't have your ladder against the right wall and you battle all the way to the top of the ladder but then it's not really what you actually want to achieve you still won't be satisfied. Another one I have destroyed with highlighter!! Also he's a fitness coach so there is a lot of relatable material on health and fitness too. Layout of the chapters is really well done. 

Have you heard of Matt Haig- I love him! Another great follow for Insta. He is a massive mental health advocate- he has a book (well he has lots!) but this one is called "Reasons to Stay Alive" and he describes his fight back from being close to suicide. Sounds very heavy, and it is in parts, but there are massive life-changing takeaways from it, irrespective of your mental health or anxiety levels. He has also a fiction book that he released the end of last year that I just loved, one of my favourite books ever, called The Midnight Library. I won't even go into details of it as I don't think I can do it justice without spoiling it, but it left me feeling so uplifted. 

Caroline Foran is an Irish author with a good few good books too- I haven't read them in a while. 

So what I tend to do is try read a chapter a day, and go with my highlighter and sit with the sentences that resonate like I say- I've a really bad memory so if I read lots of the book at once I wouldn't absorb as much! 

Anyways, sorry that was a load of information that probably could have been a short list haha! Feel free to reach out direct to me, it's something I've personally spent a lot of time looking into trying to help myself with!! 

• @Jia Moriarty aw so sorry to hear that Jia..take your time with the emotions on it, it is a true loss. Glad the workout helped, think we all seemed to really need it today! 

I'm another user of the Head Plan! I do tend to fall off the wagon every once in a while with it, but I always come back to it as it really does help me focus but also to help me feel like I've actually achieved a lot in a day where my head is trying to convince me that I didn't! 

So jealous of you having the beach! - I live in Laois (also moved back home during lockdown) so am landlocked haha! I'm lucky though I live in the countryside with lots of fabulous walks and as I live in the middle of nowhere it is easy avoid people!

Best of luck for the rest of week 4, we got this!! 

• @Niamh Byrne back at you queen, thank you 😊 👑 definitely feeling better and like I could sleep for a week! If only the babies would let me have a full 8 hours 🙈🤪

@Sharon Scully Matt Haig is great - love that book too. Thanks for the other recommendations 👍🏼😘

• @Sharon Scully Thank you so much for sharing Sharon! Will definitely check these out 🙌🏻💕

• 2 / 2