z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Patience is a virtue! Progress | MaeveMadden

Patience is a virtue! Progress

• Hi Queen Maeve and fellow Queens.

It’s been a rough four months for me with my health. Just after the start of the last challenge I was admitted to hospital for a couple of weeks, had surgery and prohibited from using my arm for 8 weeks. Obviously I had to let Queen Maeve know, so that she didn’t think I’d quit! So I’m now back on it and have been able to do this challenge, thank god, but still need to be extremely careful and control my pain.

My goals may be different to some queens - I am at my ideal weight (apart from the Xmas kgs!) and now want to build muscle and maintain my fitness. However, the other day, I noticed the beginnings of definition in my abs (I’ve always wanted a six pack! But not at the expense of lowering my body fat any further). So I’m really pleased, bearing in mind that I’m restricted in some ways as I’m still in pain and recovering.  

I suppose I’m saying, that patience is a virtue. Whilst in despair at the end of last year, the fact that I knew that QDQ would still be there waiting for me honestly kept me going and motivated me to return to fitness. 

Thank you so very much, Maeve and Lottie, to all the fellow Queens.  Lots of love, Steph xx 

• @Steph B Aw queen I really hope you start feeling 100% soon. It honestly feels sometimes that life throws hiccups at us just as we're getting into it. I know it's nothing compared to having to get surgery but my knee decided to give way on me in the middle of the christmas challenge and I was so annoyed at myself for a few weeks. But after I sat and thought about it I said right you know what I'm going to come back and when I do I'm going to be even stronger. I set myself small, regular goals. I took a lot of rest (as much as I didn't want to) but honestly taking care of our bodies is so important. I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to get back to working out but make sure to listen to your body ❤️

I feel like you're so right with the patience, QDQ will always be here and that's what kept me going during my wee injury and I just loved even popping on the forum and having the chats which really keeps me going there is so much love and positivity on here ❤️ You're doing so well already queen! x

• Hi Niamh, 

It’s tough isn’t it sometimes and I’m not joking, I just cried and cried and cried for the whole first day in hospital. The staff must of though I was an absolute loon! Ha ha!

Sorry to hear that you were poorly too, it’s not fun and patience really isn’t something I’m good at, but I soon realised, like you, that I needed to be so that I could get back into it in a safe manner. I’ve been with QDQ since March last year and love it so much, can’t see myself going back to the gym again, unless I really have to so as to fit in with work commitments. 

Thanks for your kind words, burlesque was fab, see you in the morning! X

• @Steph B oh no. It's hard when u want to complete a challenge and then something like an injury or illness or surgery stops you. But look you are back and u are doing classes that best meet your needs for now. Well done on getting back at it. 

• @Steph B Aw Steph I'm only seeing this now 💕 it's so tough when we have to take so much time out from something we love and I'm definitely the same with going back to the gym! I definitely prefer working out with the queens in my living room 👑👑

• Incredible @Steph B and beautiful words :) I'm so glad you're starting to feel better and continue to enjoy working out with the queens!!😍 Looking amazing!! xxx

• @Steph B so happy that u r back with us again Queen. I hope ur recovery is going as u want it to. I know that u've listened to ur doctors advice & ur body, knowing when to stop or take it easy. U r looking amazing Steph. And I agree wholeheartedly with u, that patience is most definitely a virtue. Ure smashing it Queen 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Sinead Bergin thanks Sinead, yes being sensible is the way forward for the time being. Then I’ll be able to let loose soon! 

• @Katy Evans ah thanks Katy, I love working out with everyone. 

• @Audrey Browne it’s just a slow recovery, still in pain now and I really shouldn’t be (my consultants tell me). So very frustrating!! Thanks for your lovely words. I’m in awe of your workout ethos! 💖💪🏻👍🏻