z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Comeback Energy! | MaeveMadden

Comeback Energy!

• Happy Easter Queens, 

For the first time since joining team queen last year, I hit a total energy slump last week. Terrible timing with week 1 of the summer challenge. I started the week off well, I was buzzing to begin the summer challenge and I was rearing to go, then I think I got a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of choice and the change in times, combined with it being Easter (days off work etc). I didn't realise what a creature of habit I had become this past year! So I hit a low energy slump on Thursday, woke up just feeling like I could not get up and work out, which is so unlike me. As the days went on, I started saying, ah it's Easter... I'll take a break. Then I started eating lots of chocolate, drinking cocktails too. Yesterday I felt absolutely rubbish, just felt so down and like I could cry. I couldn't even focus on the movie I was watching, my energy was so low. 

This morning I was waiting to join in a live workout as I thought that would snap me back into the routine again, however, when there wasn't one on, I decided to try Tracey's class from last week. It was just what I needed. It was so good to take a strength class when feeling so low, because I feel like I got the endorphin hit from the excercise, but I didn't have to challenge myself with the idea of a fast paced high intensity work out. 

Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone else feels the same. Also, Tracey kept saying "no one is going to quit today" and "We're just going to get it done" and I honestly felt like that pulled me through. I know I'm going to feel much better today now that I've moved around, and also, hopefully the doms won't be so bad tomorrow. 

• @Ailbhe Kelly-Miller I have just created a similar post to you!! I empathise. I suppose all journeys have bumps along the way and maybe this is our little blip!! We will get back there soon!! At least we havent given up!! 

• @Catherine Gordon so glad to know I'm not alone! Stength class really helped me find my energy, that's the only advice I could offer, would be if you cant find the energy for Hiit class, lower impact can feel really easy going if your energy levels are low. 

• @Ailbhe Kelly-Miller @Catherine Gordon Queens u r not on ur own. U will come out of this I promise u. I did girls. As I said in Catherine's post just reassess everything. Its the comedown after Xmas, Spring Challenge, clocks going forward & now Easter. But u'll come back fighting fit. It's all about reassessing all ur basics, sleep, hydration, diet, even sugar intake & stress. Hopefully ur answer lies on all of these. U've got this girls. I habe every faith in u both. 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• @Ailbhe Kelly-Miller I think we all felt a bit like that last wk queen!!! I've decided to aim for 1 a day this wk and if I do 2, then it's a bonus!!!!! Try not to put too much pressure on urself queen, listen to ur body!! Xxx

• @Ailbhe Kelly-Miller Hey doll I reckon lots of us felt like this over last week or two - I felt very flat after the challenge and clocks changing and i love routine so  one week my daughter was back to school and i was fitting workouts in around school runs and then the next week she was off again on easter hols and i was trying to set new routine again :) Im a nana with routine so cant wait for school to start again so i can get back into my groove x

• I think it is true for me that I am maybe trying to squeeze in too much and getting frustrated when I fall out of the routine. I will give myself a little break this week! Thanks ladies x

• @Catherine Gordon Thanks Catherine, hope you are feeling better now? I'm slowly starting to get my energy back. 

• Thanks everyone for the supportive words, I feel encouraged to pull myself up and keep trying. You're all so lovely, thank you!