z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Strength | MaeveMadden

Strength

• Hi All

Only joined QDQ recently and really enjoying the workouts! Bought 2 of Maeve's resistance bands and i think they are they best on the market! Honestly brilliant! Don't budget while you're wearing them!

Anyway... to my question! Maeve mentioned the other week about 3 workouts that she recommended if you wanted to focus on 'strength'. Sexy Soulders was one, but i'm goosed if i can remember what the other 2 were!

Can anyone remember?

• Welcome Grace! I think the three strength classes Maeve typically recommends are Spicy Circuits, Sexy Shoulders, and Fireball Friday. Weights are often in the Saturday morning class (brilliant one! Mega burn) & can be incorporated into Sweat & Sculpt too. There's a great blog post on this too. xx

• They were sexy shoulders, spicy circuits and fireball Friday x

• Thanks so much ladies! 

No class today as i got my first vaccine!! (whoop whoop!!!). Told not to exercise, just as a precaution. But i'll be ready to go again tomorrow!!

• hey Grace, yes the girls are right, sexy shoulders, spicy circuits and fireball friday are the 3 super weighted ones which are also lower impact.  Active abs and arms also would be considered upper body strenght but defo has some hiit in there.  Those are my classes.  Emma does offer great class and incorportates strenght training and then Frans monday morning class she uses bands and I believe has started to add weight to it also 

• I love those three classes. I plan my weekly exercise around those. 
    Quick question....just about weights, we were chatting about it on the sexy shoulders this morning...finding it very hard to get 7/7.5 weights so anyone know if it's ok to use low weight wrist weights while using dumbbells? So I've 3 & 5 kilo dumbbells and 1.5 kilo wrist/ankle weights??? Random but I will do this if it's ok? 

• @Ruth Hyland Hi Ruth, I am in a similar boat to you, I have 3 and 4kg dumbbells and 6kg kettlebells that I use where I can. Someone mentioned on here that they use weighted wrist/ankle straps and use the dumbbells aswell for that little bit extra, which I thought was a really good idea. I cant see why you couldnt use both,just be careful obviously to not over do it and strain your arm. TI havent got the anjle/wrist weights yet but I am thinking about it as its near impossible get heavier dumbbells at the moment. xx

• @Ashley Jordan Thanks a mill! Sure I'll see how I get on! I'm using 5kg as my heaviest but looking to increase it so that might be an option! It is near impossible to get them! Where are they all?? 😂😂😂