z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES | MaeveMadden

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES

• So hi! I'm the queen of excuses! I have been in and out of working out for the last 4 weeks now and just been struggling with motivation. I decided yesterday enough was enough and got back on it! Worked out today whilst letting my 2.5 year old watch television and basically kicked the shit out of my mum guilt!!! Does anyone else feel like this? I think I lost motivation because it's hard getting up at 5 everyday to work out! So now I'm trying different things!!! Any advice please! Or any excuses would be good too 🤣

• Well done for getting back to the workouts yesterday Liz!  I think it is completely normal to go through phases of struggling to find motivation.  Sometimes if I am struggling with energy and motivation, I tell myself I will just do the first 15-20 mins of the workout, but then I usually stay for the whole thing anyway.  It is so important to take time for yourself, now more than ever, so try not to feel guilty and just have fun with it! Equally, take a break when you feel the need too - rest is also very important! 😀

• Well done liz for doing it! I sometimes do it while kids watch watch TV too but lately I find it better to do it in the evening or morning.  Never feel guilty, our workouts is the one time during the day we are doing something 4 ourselves. I for one have to remind myself of that every now and again to. We never stop doing things for others, so try do it if you can and know that you will feel do much better after it! It always lifts me, I would be lost without it. X

• Thank you Ladies! Just knowing it's not me alone who sometimes feels like this makes me feel better!! 

• @Liz Stevens We've all bn there Queen. Harder with young kids too. I struggle with mine & they're grown men 🤣🤣🤣. But for me if I don't give it my ALL, especially on days I have my mini queen (granddaughter) I will do that workout again later on because as the girls said these workouts r for us & us alone. OUR TIME. Now I know how distracted we can get with the little ones, making sure they r OK, so I bought toy dumbbells for our mini queen & she can do a mean deadlift for u. 😂😂😂. She lights up when she sees @Maeve Madden & gets straight into the workout. Bonus is she has a lovely nap after 😴😴😴🤣😍💪 BUT MY MAIN TIP IS if u play the live from the day b4 while u r waiting to start the new one the music alone will get you motivated. Good luck Queen 👑 

• @Audrey Browne great top tip honey, love that!!! Also my 2 kids run up to the phone and say "hi meave" everytime I'm doing workout and they call my runners "maeves runners"..... so funny!

• Omg that is the cutest thing in the world!!!!! I read about Maves post last night and did some more research about PCOS (which I suffer from) and think I need to get it looked into a bit more because everything pointed to how I'm currently feeling as well. 

I love this community I don't feel shy or embarrassed to ask anything or just say how I'm feeling. It's such a relief! 

• @Liz Stevens we r literally a queen family and can share anything! I love that so much!!! Always there 4 each other xxx

• Has anyone else been really lethargic recently? Pushing through the workouts for all the Queen's on here but I have to say I'm finding it hard this past two weeks! Any advice on what I can do to get more peo in my step again??? Xo

• @Niamh McCurry yes we were all feeling it there for a while. For some it was harmonal, others menstrual & menopausal also. But we also forget that season changing can also effect us. Even though Autumn started in August it didn't feel like it as it was still bright & somewhat sunny. Now the mornings r darker & evenings r shorter so that can always effect us also. For me getting plenty of sleep & plenty of water is key plus I like to eat food that I know has energy agents in them as much as possible so a good diet always helps. I hope some of this helps Queen 👑 

• @Liz Stevens amazing advice from all the Queens, and please Liz do NOT beat yourself up about this.  Team Queen is about getting fun movement into your day, never force something especially if your tired, your body needs to rest.  I know I do them all the time, but I have had days wr I cancel the saturday becuase I need a full weekend on the sofa.  Today I was really sore and upted for more of the beginner exercises rather than the advanced, it doesnt meat im not improving but just giving my body a wee break.

This is another reason why we are adding new classes to to the Schedule.  A new pt, yoga instructor and possibly pilates teacher, will be coming on board to give more variety, so on those days when you cant hop on the venga bus maybe you just need some magic carpet meditation and to take it easy. 

• @Audrey Browne omg this is so precious, mini dumbbells how absolutey adorable is that.  Even better she gets that nap in 

• @Niamh McCurry I'm so the same queen.....

• @Maeve Madden that all sounds amazing! I feel like that's half of it some days I just don't fancy getting up at 5 and being all energetic but really want to do something so Yoga does sound amazing and right up my street! 

Thank you all ladies - I have absolutely needed a little pep talk ans reassurance this week!! I feel like your right as well@Audrey Browne the weather changing hasn't helped!! 

• @Liz Stevens woop oh im so glad I have decided to bring the new classes now.  there will be such a great variety to do.  I agree even this afternoon I am supposed to film some workouts and its just very grey and cold and I re heated my left over chilli from last night, on the sofa doing some admin.  woops 

• @Maeve Madden It would be amazing if the yoga class was in the evening, like a bedtime relaxation yoga session to help with sleep? Just a wee thought!

• @Laura C I'm liking that idea queen xx