z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Christmas Challenge Goals! | MaeveMadden

Christmas Challenge Goals!

• Hi Queens,

I was just wondering what everyone's goals are for this new challenge? I wanted to share mine to make me accountable as they're both fitness and lifestyle related lol.  Of course the main goal is to smash the the workouts at least three times a week! 💜

I've given myself these extra goals for the challenge and I would love to read yours too :)

- Drink 3 litres of water a day #hydrationstation

- Get my steps in! (I'm aiming for 10,000 a day to try and make myself step away from my desk  for a study break in beween lectures) 

- Be more positive (cheesy, I know 😂🧀); I've definitely found myself in a weird mindset especially with the lockdowns and having my final semester of uni at home.  I'm trying to look at the brighter side of things and focus on the good things in life!  This is my first post on the forum and it's definitley taken me a little out of my comfort zone!

Anyways, they are my main goals for this challenge, I'm excited to see how everyone goes and I'm really loving this community that Maeve has created! It feels like yesterday when I did my first workout in March and my dad thought I was dancing in my back garden 😂.  

• @Caitriona ODonohoe Great idea for posting here. Means we can refer back to them too :) 

Can completely empathise with the positive attitude point. It's been a difficult year to stay motivated and optimistic. I think this challenge and seeing how we all progress along the way will definitely help. 

My goals are: 

- Stronger/more defined arms (I have noodle arms - would love to be able to do one full press up by the end of the year)
    - Improve back and ab strength for ab excercises. I get back pain with leg raises and flutter kicks and I really struggle holding a side plank!
    - Cut down on alcohol 
    - Improve sleeping pattern

Can't believe how quickly this year has passed and that we're actually on a coundown to Christmas already! At least Team Queen is one positive that has come out of this year 

• I love this idea, will definitely hold us accountable!! Good luck to everyone working towards whatever your goals may be. 

My goals for this challenge :

-Do at least 4 workouts per week including the new Yoga classes  and stretch as much as possible to improve my stretching and flexibility (especially my tight hamstrings)

- Drink more water in the evenings and the weekend - aim for 2.5-3 litres

-Get more sleep - aim for 7 hours even on my early work shift, and try to use my headspace app more often to destress after tough days at work

- Be able to do 5 pushups! Been trying to get this nailed down all year 😅

Lets go Queens, the last push till Christmas on what has been a truly strange and trying year🥰🥰 

• Hi, 

I have just joined for the big 12 week countdown to Christmas! Trying to work my way around to getting used to this 😀

My Goals for this countdown is: 

1) Drink at least 2-3 litres water a day.

2) I am currently 9stone 10lbs and would love to get down to 9stone by the end of the 12 weeks- not going to stress over it but it would be a bonus. 

3) Be happier! 

• Oooh yeh, great idea. My goals for the challenge are:

• Complete 1 full press up
    • Strength lower abs - the exercise where you bring both legs up and then lower is such a killer for me currently, I need to graduate up from the heel taps!
    • Cut out sweet treats in the week - I will never cut them out completely but want to try and make it a weekend treat rather than every day

But mostly would love to make it to the end of the 12 weeks having completed a minimum of 3 workouts a week, I have never exercised this much before and am fitter and stronger than I have ever been. Cant wait to see what i can achieve in the next 12 weeks 😊

For the now I have completed my 3 workouts for week 1 and I am done, I am completing the virtual London marathon on Sunday (walking not running unfortunately, due to an injury), so I'm going to take the next couple of days to rest and stretch in preparation.

Lets go girls!! 👑

• @Caitriona ODonohoe hi I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.. I signed up as I saw a Christmas countdown plan was advertised ... once signed up nothing apart from this chat mentions it .... I know on Maeves page it mentions prizes and gifts for the challenge ( I've not signed up for that) but thought you would need to submit your before pics etc so you're accountable for the challenge and then do your after pics? Also see others as motivation ...Currently on holiday and 7 days of buffet after lockdown has taken its toll! Lol thanks and sorry again if this is the wrong place to ask xx

• @Victoria Catt Maeve said on this morning’s workout she was doing announcement on the forum about the challenge! Xx

• Love this!

My goals are: 

1. Do 3 workouts per week

2. Hydration Station every day

3. Nutritious lunches and dinners during the week

4. At least one walk a week outside (since the weather changed I’ve stopped going outside!)

Great forum topic!!

• Love seeing all your goals! Mine are:

• to do 3 workouts a week
    • to do proper push-ups!
    • to feel fitter and stronger
    • to touch my toes!! (The struggle😅)
    • and if I lost a bit of weight/feel better in my clothes well that's just an added bonus in the run up to Christmas 😄

• @Suzie McDonald oh thanks 😊 I'm away on holiday so haven't done the workout yet . I'll look out for the update then thanks xx

• Love this idea!!! My goals are:

1. Try one new recipe a week
    2. Do 4 workouts a week
    3. Have better posture and try not to slouch; especially with working from home (looks like it's a permentant thing for me now!)
    4. Swap mid-week chocolate snacks for crudités or fruit.
    5. Drink more water.

I can't belive it's only 12 weeks until Xmas... well nearly 11!   🎉

• This is great, love having to write down the goals to keep myself accountable.

1. Cut down on alcohol

2. Cut down on sugar

3. Be able to do real pushups (same as a lot of others it seems)

4. Overall improvement in strength, gotta build those muslces!

So excited and motivated for this challenge, sometime I never thought would happen before team queen! 

• @Caitriona ODonohoe Great minds think alike Queen. Love it. And we cld also post at the end of each week how we felt we did whether we were happy or not with our goals that week!. Like a diary as such. 

• @Caitriona ODonohoe so my goals that I WILL (have to keep telling myself that😊) achieve in this 12 week challenge are as follows:

1. Get to bed earlier- Get more sleep

2. Increase Water intake. 3 ltrs

3. Cut out sugar. 

4. Make out a clean & healthy Meal plan each week. 

5. Increase my step count to 15,000

6. Complete my Queens Don't Quit        daily workouts Mon through to Sat including the 3 required for challenge. 

7. Enjoy every minute of it. 

Remember working out is good for the mind as well as the soul. ❤️❤️❤️

#queensdontquit

#queenteamjourney

#queenssupportqueens

#queenteamresults