z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Sore wrists 🧐 | MaeveMadden

Sore wrists 🧐

• Hi guys - I'm really starting to struggle with pains / stiffness in my wrists when doing planks / sit-ups, and just wondering if anyone has any tips to help? I'm doing 5-6 of the Team Queen workouts every week and I think it could be from gripping my dumbbells too tight. But I'm raging cos I can't do planks etc properly anymore as a result!!! 

• @Niamh Gaffney hey queen, that happened me a wee while back,  I think I just lifted weight incorrectly. I had to just leave planks out for a few workouts and not put to much strain on it and it helped loads! Not sore at all now! There are some exercises you can do on ur wrist that might help too xx

• Thanks so much Carmel! Glad I'm not the only one and so happy to hear you're not sore anymore! I do think I'm gripping my weights wrong too. Thank you hon x

• This happened me too a couple of months back, I actually tore the ligaments in my wrist from overdoing it on the workouts. I took a 4 week break from weights/ planks etc and did lots of wrist exercises and felt much better when I went back to using weights.

• Oh wow Amanda that sounds awful. I didn't even know that was possible. I might lay off the planks and press ups for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. Don't want to do further damage and put myself completely out of action. These workouts are keeping me sane!

• @Amanda Brazil its amazing how easily you can hurt yourself, isn't it!! Defo rest and modifying workouts help,glad ur ok now xx

• @Niamh Gaffney there's nothing worse when ur wrists start acting up as it effects everything else. I used to always get wrist pain but I figured out that firstly the weights I was using were too heavy & my wrists were not strong enough to hold them so I started bsck at the start & built up my wrist strength & with this starting increasing weights. Also the planks were a killer for me but as Maeve says make sure u spread ur fingers wide on ur mat placing alot of the pressure on ur baby finger side of ur hand & make sure that ur arms r in line with ur shoulders. But as Carmel said there are some fantastic exercises for wrist out there just give it a qk google. Even do them before the workout & ull b very surprised in the difference. Take care Queen. 

• Ah@Audrey Browne thank you so much Queen, that's so helpful I really appreciate that. Xxxx