z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Periods!! | MaeveMadden

Periods!!

• Does anyone else get cramps before their period but the cramps also make u go to the toilet even bring on diahorea? I have been getting this nearly every period for the last 6/8 months 

• @Sarah Clarke oh u poor thing. I used to get it at the end of my period but not all the time though. I didn't real mind it as I always felt better for it, I don't know why just felt I had more energy & was in better form. Have u bn to doctor about it for a qk check up even!? Hope u feel better soon doll 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne hi, ya I got checked it happens cause the hormone released to start periods can cause it to happen in the colon/intestine so it is common just annoying, it mostly last 12/24 hours then great just v annoying when it happens when working or at night.  Just wanted to start the chat cause it something we all go through and we should normalise the convo 😊😊😊

• @Sarah Clarke oh hi queen, goodness that is ugh.. I found actually opposite that I couldnt go to the bathroom sometimes when my periods wr heavy but the the odd time I would get this.. if it is sooo consistent I would reccomend going to the doctor

• @Sarah Clarke awww sorry read this after.. ugh I know that major urge to go to the loo. Have you tried the app clue?? its free on the app store. I use it and I find it brilliant, I didnt pay for the upgrade but what you do is throughout the month you can track all your symptoms. when your period is due, how long etc. whats great is when I feel really bloated or swollen, im able to go back and look at previous months and see thts its becuase of my hormones. It even has a poop chart. I track my moods with it almost every day.  Mainly also because it helps me with work to know how ill be feeling

• @Sarah Clarke 100%. It's amazing how much your hormones can affect your gut. I've always had really bad gut issues and before I got the coil the only upside to getting my period was it was the only time of the month I actually had movement. I've found that this year since being in the house all the time I swing between the two extremes. At least doing these workouts means you're very close to your own bathroom rather than being surrounded by other people in a gym!

• @Sarah Clarke aw Queen nothing worse as u say when ur at work. U poor thing. I didnt suffer as bad as u so I can only imagine how bad it gets for u. 🥰 🥰 🥰 I'm hoping  more people read this bcos as u say we all go through it & where better to discuss it than on this forum. U go Queen Sarah 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Sarah Clarke yeah I'm the exact sameSarah to be honest! I get such bad bloating in the week leading up and such bad cramps and then my gut just goes haywire on me! I'm also lactose intolerant but love to indulge in chocolate and ice cream etc before and during my period which probably doesn't help my case much 😂😅 I don't know about you but then I find after my period finished it has the complete opposite affect and I'm not able to go to the loo as regularly at all, it's mad how different all of our bodies are! 💪🏻

• @Sarah Clarke yes unfortunately that happens me too!!!! My cramps seem to get worse the older of gotten!!!! So annoying!! 

• @Sarah Clarke

Hello Queen,

I was gonna talk about the period as well! In those last months with a daily workout routine my periods cramps got much better. Movements and the right diet helps in reducing the pain. This is what I experienced myself. 

Last period I was in pain on the sofa, I forced myself to do a workout and I definitely felt much better.

I dunno if this can help you or other queens...

Have a great day

• @Valeria Lorgio I totally agree queen, doing a class when I have my period always helps me and lifts my mood xxx

• @Maeve Madden I def will try it in general I am using my Apple Watch to track but sometimes I forget 

• @Carmel Mulvany it something that changes as we grow and I think it is less common to talk about changes when older, in my 20s everyone chatted and now in my 30s people don't talk as much, need to change the tide.  My hormone mood swings have gotten under control since a change in diet and not letting myself have bad sugary food. I was eating too many and too many takeaways. I promised myself for November I would not drink and no takeaways, if I have chocolate grand but I am being more mindful of what I am eating, workouts I need for me and I run at weekends if I can so I get air. This month, other than the cramps as been 80% better than last months one!! 

• @Sarah Clarke oh Sarah that's brilliant to hear!!!! I struggle so bad with my mood to the lead up to period so I think I just need to really change my food and try eat healthier, if you have noticed such a huge difference then by god I'll try it too!!!! The classes have helped me so much but I still dont eat as well as I should.  Thanks for the feedback,  and ur so right, this is not something that should be pushed under the carpet, women should feel comfortable talking about all this!! Xx