z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Underactive Thyroid/ No Motivation Station | MaeveMadden

Underactive Thyroid/ No Motivation Station

• Hi Queennnns 💁🏻‍♀️ 

Would love to know if there is anyone else with an underactive thyroid on the forum?  And any tips for motivation to workout in the evening because with the dark nights all I want to do is sit down 😂 Its harder to see the weight come off with underactive thyroid and sometimes I get fed up even though I walk 6 days a week for an hour and do 3x team queen workouts a week. Thanks girlos 💕💕

• I've been under active for almost 11 years .. watching your diet & exercise is key 

I fall off and on the wagon / or recently the venga bus often.. and fluctuate.. there's no easy way, or answer, we just gotta try stay on the bus 💕

• Hey, I'm the same and have PCOS so nice double whammy. I find just setting aside the same time everyday can help, but to be honest I've been finding the evenings too hard so I try to fit in some morning workouts. I also have started taking progress pics, I found they really helped me look back and see how far I've come, especially when the scales say one thing and don't take into accoudn all the new muscle we've been builidng! Try not to be too hard on yourself it just takes longer to see the results, but you are still putting in the hard work! I completely feel your pain 🧡

• @Queen Steffiei have had thyroid issues since i was 8, so well versed in it!! Been underactive long term since i was 20 after radioactive treatment and I'll be honest my weight has always been a struggle my entire life which i put down to thyroid. .. Until team queen!! I have tried PTs and everything but nothing has given me the results that i have seen here.

Maybe try start by setting small goals for yourself and aim to stick to them first rather than the whole hog - i do find if i am consistent with exercise my energy levels are a lot better than if i take a few days off! I have been doing these workouts since March and i always feel so much better after them no matter are crappy i feel before them. 

And of course make sure to speak to your GP and get your levels tested if you are feeling especially lethargic, gotta keep on top of those levels as well no matter how much exercise we are doing!🙌

• Hi guys...I hear ya when it comes to energy levels in the evening. I had a thyroirdectomy a few years ago and since then I have found it very difficult to lose weight and keep my energy levels up. Regulating my eltroxin has taken a while but since I have gotten that right and have cleaned up my diet I find I have more energy. To be honest I havent lost weight doing the workouts but I can see changes in my body for the better. I find my energy levels low in the evening and after work a workout is the last thing I want to do but once I've gotten 10 minutes in I'm buzzing and determined to finish it. I always say I'll give it a go for 10 mins and can always stop if I need to but I never do!! I also find it easier to do if I just do it straight after work...get the workout gear on and start straight away...If I sit down at all I lose all motivation. Keep goin queens...queens dont quit!!! 👸👸

• Lovely to hear other's stories & feed back 

thank you 💕

• Aw I hear you queens, I had thyroid cancer last year so also thyroidectomy. Have had hypo symptoms since. I never feel fully rested like I did before and rarely get a good nights sleep. Also bloated a lot which I never had before. I've weight on since the ops and omg it's so hard to shift, Grrrr.

But this challenge has made me more accountable and on track again. I have definitely noticed toning up. I feel tired regardless so I just make myself exercise and always feel good after. And love the songs on maeves. Helps my mood.
    My bloods are finally in range so I've just accepted this is how it's gonna be now and I just need to try extra hard eating clean where I didnt have to be as careful before. I was told that weights are good for under active thyroid by my doctor I like doing a mix.@Queen Steffie All your walks and 3x@Maeve Maddens you're doing fab x x 

• Thanks for all your comments ladies 😁 it's great to hear from people who have underactive thyroid too because it's something that's not widely spoken about or understood!  Do ye find staying away from certain food is helpful?  I'm trying to adjust my diet and it seems that some things make me feel dead tired. Anyways, onwards and upwards Queens, we will get there 👑

• Yeah I find I need to stay away from refined sugars and white carbs like bread and pasta, otherwise I'm extremely bloated, sluggish  and exhausted. To add to my post above, I've struggled for the last 10 years or so to keep my weight in check with such a slow metabolism, and can safely say I've never felt better than I have since starting Maeves workouts in March. I feel like a new woman (even with the days where it's nearly impossible to get out of the bed with the tiredness). I also recently pushed my doctor to tell me the actual results of my thyroid levels and not just that they were 'in range', as it turned out they had slowly been creeping up causing my symptoms to get worse. Something to keep an eye on! 

• @Queen Steffie I love food so much 🤪 I try not to eat as much junk as before. And instead of having a cheat weekend il have a cheat meal lol if I know we are havin a pizza or something for dinner il try and be extra good all day. I also stopped buying snacks like crisps then I won't cave and eat 2 bags in the evening after the kids are in bed. 🤭

• @Gillian Johnson good point about the thyroid levels in range Gillian I got my bloods done last week and got them sent to me and reviewed by my nurse friend who told me I'm low in iron. GP just said all grand 💁🏻‍♀️

• @bridin Quinn same here have to have a snack free house or i will eat it all 😂😂

• @Queen Steffie awh thats so hard queen!!!! Dont havevmuch knowledge in this area but as I can see the other queens have been on to support!!!! Hope it helped and ur doing ok xxx

• Re blood test .. my last blood test came back showing I may have to reduce my elteoxin mg .. I'm on 100mg .. so I'll have a revised blood test in 3 months .. Def looking at your diet is a great start, getting the right mg level of eltroxin.. then exercise! Perfect combination.. to a more energetic .. confident.. trimmer You 😃.. 
    Trying to stay focused is key 💕

• Thanks guys Iost 2 pounds this week so it's a good one 😂💕 great to hear everyone's experience