z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Starting to struggle | MaeveMadden

Starting to struggle

• Hi queens,

I think i am really starting to struggle. I love the before and after shots and progress pics but I look at myself and i am not seeing a huge difference, my clothes don't feel any change and worst of all I decided to weigh myself yesterday. I really don't know why I did it because I decided in August that I was focusing on how i felt rather than my weight. However I was a lot heavier than I ever was. I broke down in tears and went to bed becasue I did not want my boyfriend to see me so upset over something he would think is small.

Sorry, I just feel I need to vent. It has put me back in a terrible headspace right before xmas. I did try going out for a run this morning and did the sweaty 7s legs and glutes.

Anybody else ever feel like this and any ideas of getting back on track.

Thanks so much xx

• @Emma O Leary Emma, my gorgeous queen.  Firstly I always say, focus on yourself, no comparing to anyone else, you gotta focus on your own goals and your own journey.  Its so funny you say this because I myself had to hop on the scales yesterday for medical reasons I had to give my weight, and as expected the bitch in the bathroom told me, you have not changed one bit, not at all not since march, and as I looked down at the same number that I alays get I for a second felt angry adn then I laughed to myself because I have changed, of course I have, and all for the better.

I am strong, omg rememver when we would do 8 situps in March now we do like 20-30 in a row. 

Remember when the workouts wr only 4 songs long?? Remember when we never used any weights at all???  

I believe my queen that you are most definitely fitter and strong and healthier and if you are living a happy lifestyle and you feel happy in yourself before the scales then that could be you and your body at its natural size.  Every body is different, everyones natural size/body shape is different. 

The season of joy is upon us and I do not want you to feel this way, I wrote a blog about how our body weight changes all the time, pending on sleep, hormones, deydration etc so do have a read.  If your struggling to get back on the venga bus and not working out, then make a schedule, remember hydration is key lots of water.  If its the nutrition side of things, then maybe just write it all down for a week, and then have a look and see where you may be loosing track of things.  In my new plan coming soon, I mean its finished we just have to get it onto the site, but I talk about these things.. 

Big hugs, I think your fabulous 

• @Emma O Leary Awwww Queen, first & foremost u vent all u want doll thats what we r here for. Secondly don't believe everything the scales (the bitch) tells u. It doesn't tell u how much muscle u've gained, how much u have progressed, or how ur endurance levels have increased or how fast ur recovery rate is. Girl these r the things the scales (the bitch) can't tell u. But u show up, u do the work & it is paying off doll. U just need to believe in urself Queen. U R BEAUTIFUL & ur boyfriend thinks so too. So pls do me one big favour doll - add a new goal to ur list- nothing but positive thoughts - Get up every morning & say to ur beautiful self in the mirror. "Good morning Emma, u r beautiful, today is going to be a good day, today is my day." Give urself a big smile & start as u mean to go on. U've got this Queen I have every faith in u doll. U r a strong woman . Us Queens, when we get knocked down we get back up again #queensdontquit. Sending u loads of hugs Emma 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne thank you so much. I did the workout today because it does make me feel much better so back on some sort of track. I really appreciate the kind words. Had a little cry to myself!! Xxx

• @Maeve Madden thank you Maeve. Trying to really focus on myself and not others. It's been a tough year and I need to be a little kinder to myself. Xxx

• @Emma O Leary, I know exactly how you feel. I avoid the bathroom scale. I sometimes wake up in the morning & feel great and by the time I get home from work I'm bloated and feeling ugh.  I said to myself to just focus on getting my 3- 4 workouts in every week because they make me feel better and not to worry about numbers on clothes, scales etc. Keep going, you are doing great. 

• @Emma O Leary I completely know where you're coming from. Some people are seeing really visible physical results (losing weight, gaining muscle or burning major calories).. And some of us aren't. But we all gain a lot from the workouts and this community in terms of improved mood, more energy, stronger and happier. Sometimes these things can feel less tangible or less like an achievement maybe, but they most definitely are. Hope thís helps, you're not alone. Keep up the good work x

• @Emma O Leary head up Queen, progress can't always be defined by weight!! I haven't moved a pound since probably August-and it did annoy me at the start but.. remember muscle weighs more than fat, these workouts are making us so strong so try to remember that, focus on how your workouts are progressing and how they make you feel, and the rest will fall into place... Although it is also totally ok to have days like this and have a good cry! I have them more than i like to admit, but we are all human so dont be beating yourself up over it 💕 keep going strong the next few weeks till the end of the challenge and let yourself enjoy Christmas, we can all come back ready to get back into it strong in the new year💪 

• @Emma O Leary it's all true doll. And do u know what I actually love a good cry it helps to clear the mind. (and the sinuses 😅). We're here for u Emma anytime & everytime Queen. 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• Thank you so much everyone

Such kindness from everyone

I really appreciate it so much xx

• @Emma O Leary oh queen exact samw thing happened to me a few weeks ago amd im actually HEAVIER than when I started with the workouts during the summer. This really knocked me for a while too but then I said to myself I feel so much fitter and ai know the extra weight is muscle not fat.

I find food wise if I find a good filling dinner I always make more so I can have it on those days where you dont feel like cooking and are tempted to order food 😁

The main thing that helped me is to just keep going with the workouts as I know they make me physically and mentally feel better 🥰

• @Emma O Leary i don't doubt that ur smashing it, the scale really  is no ones friend 💕 focus on u write down goals maybe to try tick of each day great satisfaction out of that and it helps to see what u achieved. My body hasn't really changed but I do feel stronger and I bet u are to👑 two weeks to go 💪🏻u got this slow it down if u have to just keep moving because queens don't quit 😉xxx 

• @Emma O Leary oh Emma I think my queens have said it perfectly!!!!! Yes its d worst feeling to when the bitch in the bathroom plays mind games with us.  I tend to avoid scales at all costs! It's not accurate. We r gaining si much muscle, its never gonna be right. Pics and measurements I think r much better, but actually I've done neither. I judge my stamina on a good day..... not hormonal or lead up to period ( cuz I'm always wrecked and bloated then) and if I feel I've pushed myself harder, I'm happy.  It's ok to feel deflated and this is d perfect place to get this of ur chest! 

We got you queen, 1 day at a time.... together xxxx

• @Emma O Leary get rid of those scales! They are not our friend! There is no battery in the scales in our house.... my husband knows where  the battery is and uses them and hides the battery again. When we go on holiday he goes into the room and hides the scales. It sounds psychotic.... I know! But that a tiny battery could change my mood for days was more psychotic. So the scales and me have been over for a couple of years and I'm a different person!