z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

FOMO! Missing my combat queens!! | MaeveMadden

FOMO! Missing my combat queens!!

• Hey queens!!👸👑

I hope everyone has had a fab tuesday!!

I was just wanting to know if anyone has any coping techniques or advice of how to tell yourself it is okay to rest? I am very much a go-er and a do-er, and being forced to take a rest of break is not something I find easy. Just as the Combat Queens class started, I aggrivated an old knee injury - standing up to start the warm up of all things(!!) - and have had to admit tonight needs to be a rest night. 

But my goodness it is tough. I love to move and coming home from the office (key worker as I work for charity) to do a workout is my time. I forget my worries and anxieties and for those minutes have one sole focus. I am not going to lie, I am struggling tonight and I really wanted to workout with you girls and feel that level of positivity, but I havent been able to. 

I am very open about my struggles with Anxiety and Depression as I don't feel it should be something to be ashamed of. I use techniques I have adopted to get through each day, but sometimes when the unexpected is thrown, I can struggle. 

Some of my current techniques - I take 5 minutes to concentrate on my breathing, this is sometimes guided or on my own, I work out, cold shower, on a nightime I write 3 things I am grateful for, 3 things I have acheived and 3 things that bring my joy for the future. 

So now the rambling is over..... how does everyone else cope with allowing themselves to rest? or what other techniques do you use to cope with your daily stresses or worries? 

• @Lissy Dickinson awh queen so sorry you missed workout but you must listen to body to avoid further injury!!! It's so hard when we love the workouts so much, I totally get that!!! Just remind urself once you're knewle feels better,you will be back even bigger and better!!!!! 

I do struggle alot with depression and anxiety also,  I found these classes have hugely benefited my mental health!!!! I'm so appreciative!! I'm trying to start meditation more and some mindfulness!! 

• @Lissy Dickinson Sometimes we stress ourself more than what we should so our body will decide for us and in a way or another will force us to rest! And that's ok! You know why? Because you will come back stronger and with more motivation and strength. Relax queen, take your time and tomorrow you will smash it. Especially if you have an old injury is very important to rest and check it. Better to stop for a day and not for longer time!

You go girl!

• @Lissy Dickinson Hope you feel better soon ❤ Try to remember if you rest you'll have more energy and will enjoy it more on the days you can give it your all 😊 I find it boring taking a rest day too but maybe try go for a small stroll or treat yourself to a nice facemask/facial at home on your rest days (your still doing something nice for yourself and you'll definitely feel better😊)

Light a candle have a nice bath or read a feel good/positive book 😊 that will take your mind off thinking so much 😊 I definitely understand how you feel, I definitely need to be kept busy too so my mind doesn't wonder and doing little things for yourself will make you feel better too ❤ even trying out stupid new hairstyles can pass away an hour or two!😅 Hope you feel better soon 💕💖xxx

• @Lissy Dickinson Hey Lissy sorry your injury flared up and you missed the workout but defo you did the right thing

I know what you mean re anxiety/depression - control and schedule works for me but i had to find the balance between schedule and unexpected changes happening - i found alternatives like "if i cant do that i will do this" and so on - i had to get used to things not always going to plan and instead of letting it get in on me i tried to do something like a nice shower or book/movie/early night and i just learned to tell myself I am doing great and every effort is an effort and the fact that you were ready to go and get stuck in was effort in itself xx keep the chin up queen x

• @Carmel Mulvany thank you so much!! Do you know what, it did me so much good too have a rest day. I watched friends had some prosexy and new I could try again the next day. It is so tough when we struggle but this is such a huge support. We queens have to stick together. 

Honestly though, the comments made a real difference to quieting the voice inside my head that told me I was weak and quitting by missing a day xx

• @Valeria Lorgio You are so right!! I havent taken a rest day in 2 weeks, and my body decided it was time whether I wanted to or not!! I got back to it yesterday and felt like a new person. I just did sweaty 7's and oh my goodness!! @Maeve Madden  my arms are shaking!

I think it is time I encourperate a rest day in my week. Even if I still go for a walk or something. These workouts are just so fun and I feel like I get so much out of moving. But you're right our bodies are clever and find ways to tell us to slow down xx

• @Louise Hegarty thank you queen! I took your advice and had myself a bath and a facemask!! My lovely partner brought me prosexy in the bath like the king he is. And do you know what, my body needed it!! So you were so right, keeping busy doesnt have to mean being on the go, I actually started reading a book and that kept me busy.  xxx

• @Vicky Baker That's such a good idea!! I might try the alternative thing, thank you!! Control is such a massive part of anxiety and depression isnt it? Especially with what is happening in the world at the moment, which is mostly out of our control, I have found myself looking to control more things in my life, just because I can. It is tough when the unexpected things happen.

My panic attacks have been increasing again since christmas (had one today they are awful things) and they are all times where I feel I am out of control. I think that is why I love to exercise, because I do not need to be in control of anything but me, and my thoughts are entirely focussed on doing the moves. So glad to have found queens that understand and support eachother. Who know how tough things can get but that we can make it through anyway <3 

• @Lissy Dickinson I feel exactly the same queen!!!! The support and friendship I gave received on this has been mind blowing!!! We are all there for each other, helping lift those crowns back up again!!!!! So happy you rested!!!!!  Xxxx

• @Lissy Dickinson awwhh that's great glad you feel better 🥰❤ sometimes it really is the little things that help the most 😊 enjoy the book and the well needed rest!😊xxx

• I feel the same I rest twice a week but I still manage a total of 8 workouts in the week so my body is always thankful for a Thursday and a Sunday 🙌🏻 Remember rest days are vital for change in the body. Take the rest, drink the wine 🍷 enjoy it. Nice walk with a podcast does it for me ❤️ So proud of all the queens these are such testing times where would we be without each other x