z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

PMS 😅🙄 | MaeveMadden

PMS 😅🙄

• Hey Queens 👑👑

I feel like I had a really strong week right up until Friday, since then I've not felt as strong, I've felt lazy and I've just wanted to eat EVERYTHING in the house 😭 My period is due on Friday and I always get such bad PMS symptoms usually from exactly a week before right until day one. I think what's bugging me most is that my sleep and diet have gone out the window because of the PMS and I just feel like all my work from the last few weeks has gone out the window over one weekend because of my hormones 🤦🏻‍♀️ I honestly feel like my pms symptoms are almost worse than those during my actual period and I'm just wondering if anyone else is the same? 

I really want to start this week strong tomorrow and I'm really going to try give it my all pms or none 😅 Wondering if anyone else feels like this in the run up to their period and if anyone has any tips or tricks on how they deal with it? 🤞🏻🤞🏻
    Thanks Ladies xx

• @Niamh Byrne I had my period last week, it was so weird as I wasn't due on so I was like ??? Then I googled it and apparently exercising can change hormones or something! So I put it down to that. I've not exercised this much in years! Think my body has went into shock lol and it's only 3 weeks in. I found the beginners workouts best to do on your period. It actually eased my symptoms!!  Oh and as for the symptoms yes 100% I am like Jekyll & Hyde lol! The bleeding is fine for me, it's my mood that's the issue! Everything was irritating me last week, even how the postman pushed my letters through the letterbox. I was raging at his audacity 😂. But the work you've done hasn't went to waste just cos your sleep and diet isn't perfect. It's only temporary. I was so bloated last week and sluggish but now I'm off my period it's like I've lost a stone! Just remember it's only temporary and you'll feel 100% again soon ✨❤️

• I amEXACTLY the same and this past week I've totally ruined my diet😂 and just made a tray of kinder bueno Nutella brownies and ate two I'm not exactly helping myself🤦‍♀️ Hope we get back on the bus this week xx

• @Niamh Byrne I am exactly the same and had my PMS this week. It's totally worse than my period too. 

I find meditation helps a little and just acknowledging how I'm feeling too also Combat Queens is such a good class to do as you can take your frustrations out in the class 😂👊🏻 my jabs we're definitely thrown a bit harder this week haha! 

I wish I could give you tips on diet but everything goes out the window once I feel the hormones kick in 🙈 I hope you're week goes well and if you feel off track just pop on here and all the Queens will help you out ❤️👑 xx

• @Niamh Byrne completely agree the week before s worse than the week of 👋 😂 the tiredness, the mood, the cravings sure I don't think there's a cure for it? This is the first time ever I've fought through the tiredness and done workouts, now I wasn't flying it I was definitely off form but by the time it actually came I was back in full swing! As for the food cravings, I add an extra meal in to the day for the 5 days I'm like a tyrant just something small extra bowl of porridge or whatever and then go for the nice stuff so it's not a complete binge on the sweets! And then after day 1 normal life resumes and it's as if I was never off form 😂😂 

• @Niamh Byrne I even feel shit when ovulating!  I get such a sore lower abdo for at least 4 or five days then. :(  And bloating. I turned fifty last october, so actually waiting for the whole period thing to peter out one of these days :o  But yes to the PMS a whole week before. I have been seed cycling for months on the advice of my naturopath and that has worked wonders for my period pain!! thats non existent now pretty much.  Let me know if you want me to explain seed cycling in another post.

• @Kelly McGarr Oh I'm the same with everything annoying me, I feel like there's no secret when I'm due on because I'm just a walking mood 😂😂😅 yeah I just feel so sluggish now but I know that it'll pass 🤞🏻 Just feel like I can't stop eating 😅 Thanks Queen! It's nice to know that others feel the same! ❤️ 

• @Katy Evans I was about to make Oreo brownies yesterday and the only thing that held me back was that I was missing 2 Ingredients! Kind of glad I didn't make them I would've eaten them all!! 😂

• @Heather Thompson Yes I'm definitely going to give combat queens a good go this week 🙌🏻💪🏻 Thanks so much queen ❤️✨

• @Leonie Mcnulty Aw leonie the tiredness really got me this morning and I feel like I struggled during the workout but at the end of the day I'm delighted with myself for getting it done 🙌🏻 You're on the right track I think with adding another meal, I had so many leftover celebrations yesterday and I didn't even want them I just didn't know what else to have 😂😅 sometimes o actually find putting some Nutella or chocolate into my porridge does help with the cravings! 

• @Philippa Gillett oh I've never heard of seed cycling? It might be useful to share as I'm sure so many other queens struggle with symptoms during their cycle 🙌🏻

• @Niamh Byrne yes to the chocolate porridge!! I use choc protein powder in it, it's just so lovely! And trying the dark chocolate this week seen someone reccomending it here on the forum and it takes the edge off for sure!!! Interested to see what the seed cycling is!! 😊 

• @Niamh Byrne seed cycling is simple and the combination of seeds at the right time in your cycle balances your hormones. Its the hormonal imbalance which is a cause of period pain.

In your follicular phase (day 1 -bleeding to day 14, if you have a 28 day cycle) simply grind two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds and linseed ( flaxseed). Take every day. If bulk grinding, keep in fridge.

Then day 15 -28 (Lutel phase) grind two tablespoons of sesame seeds and sunflower seeds and eat each day.

Its best to buy organic seeds if possible

I started this and found immediate relief from terrible pain from the first cycle.

My naturopath has a great ebook she wrote called The Honest Hormone Handbook which is an easy and very informative read if you think your hormones could be out of balance. They can be rebalanced by diet and lifestyle changes. the  link is here if anyone's interested. Hope this is allowed?? Apologies if not ! https://www.jacquilamplugh.com/shop/the-honest-hormone-handbook

• @Niamh Byrne I am the same. Week before my period - so many emotions (my husband said I've been getting annoyed at the smallest things ha) and cravings - I love all the bread 🥖 🍞 🥯  You are def not alone!!

• Oh I feel this! I want alllllll the food this week and although I'm still doing workouts, I'm not getting my heart rate up as high. I'm trying not to be hard on myself but I also know that I'll never hit my target weight if I allow myself to fall off the wagon for 1 week out of every 4 with eating everything not nailed down.