z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Fitbit Versa 2 Exercise Selection | MaeveMadden

Fitbit Versa 2 Exercise Selection

• Hey Queens 👑 for anyone using a versa 2 tracker, I would be interested to hear which exercise setting you select - i.e. would you select 'weights' or 'workout' for these classes?

I previously used a Fitbit Charge 3, which recorded my workouts fairly accurately but since moving to my Versa 2, my stats seem to be a little lower when I select 'workout' so I wonder if I should use a different mode?  Thanks, C

• Hi Claudine,

I select workout for all classes except Sweaty 7's where I pick weights.

• Ok this is so helpful. Thanks. 

• @Claudine O’Driscoll Hey Claudine I use "workout" for everything bar sweaty 7's and Francesca - I use "weights" for those classes and i use "yoga" for Esther and "walk" for steps. 

• @Claudine O’Driscoll Hi Claudine- I have a Fitbit Charge 4 (previously had a charge 3) and I did some research on this before, and turns out it doesn't actually matter what category you select- ie it's not like if you choose weights it will recognise that you are lifting weights and will adjust any recording setting accordingly in terms of burn, heartrate etc- the categories are actually for personal use for categorisation, so that you can look back at all the workouts that you chose as being eg weights to compare and contrast them against each other. 

Another consideration is your weight changed and updated in this Fitbit versus previous?- could have an impact on what is being captured.

Trackers are great for counting steps and telling the time, but they are not actually a great metric for a "burn" so I would try not to read a massive amount into it. 

• @Claudine O’Driscoll I always do it as a workout x

• @Claudine O’Driscoll Queen I was exactly the same as u. I use workout for majority of classes. But I will say I'm not as fixated on stats as I was all along. The way I see it now is if I finish a workout red faced & sweaty, feeling exhilarated & with a big smile on my face, then I've done very well. Sore muscle that night or following day is more proof that I'm smashing it. Enjoy ur self Claudine 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• Thanks Queens 👑  yeah, I'm definitely not fixating on calories burned, getting toned and strong are key 💪 

• Yeah I do the same I just really really wish I could name the workouts. I get confused as to watch workout I did when I'm scrolling back throughou sometimes I'm playing catch up and im like what workout was that again 😂