z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Lunch ideas | MaeveMadden

Lunch ideas

• Hi Queens👸

I am absolutely loving the workouts lately and have been fitting in 4 most weeks. I also try get out for a walk most days so I'm staying pretty active!

However, I can not get a handle on my eating!! And I don't mean picking here and there, I mean eating everything in sight!! 🤣 I'm ok at breakfast and then come lunch everything goes out the window. I'm in college so I'm in lectures most days so I need ideas for something healthy, quick & easy I can make for lunch. I know we're going through another lockdown so I can't be so hard on myself but I've been feeling so sluggish because of what I've been eating lately and I know if I eat better I will feel so much better and my work will be easier and all that good stuff!

So any ideas please send them my way, I will be so grateful 🙏💕

• @Catriona Conboy we have a huge plan coming soon, like next week wooop so excited to launch it ... Oh Catriona, it seems that what could be helpful for you is a menu, writing a menu is a great way to staying on track rather than just opening the fridge and looking at ingredients not knowing hwat to do.... In fairness I dont always stay on track but as a creature of habbit I tend to stick to similar meals ... 

• @Maeve Madden I think you're right Maeve! I just get so lazy when it comes to making meals 😭I think I'll set a menu out tomorrow and head to the shops! Looking forward to the new launch whoooo 

• @Catriona Conboy oh Queen I hear ya, my diet can be good one day and crazy the next day.... its so up and down! I will take all the nutrition advice going to help!!! Excited for what's coming @Maeve Madden 🤗🤗🤗🤗

• @Catriona Conboy It's so hard to fit it in when you're under time pressure and constraint with college! I try to batch-cook once or twice a week, like meals for 4- eat one that day, one for the fridge to eat the next day or 2, and then 2 for the freezer. If you cook one or two different meals for say 4 weeks you build up a bit of variety in the frozen selection, leave them to defrost the night before and bung em in the microwave! Actually when you say you are in college I'm just assuming you're still doing it from home and have access to a microwave! 

Try have snacks bought in advance too- yoghurts, nuts, fruits, carrot sticks etc. If you have them planned to eat more than likely you might follow that plan, and then even if only a few times a week you decide to have some chocolate for your snack instead it's still not every day! 

I make most of my recipes from a cookbook by Daniel Davey. He's a sports nutritionist that works with the Dublin team, Leinster rugby team- his recipes are delicious, I split the portions up more than he recommends, he gives the calories and macros etc if that is something you are interested in being aware of. 

• @Sharon Scully Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your ideas!! I've heard of his book and heard it's great so may give that a look! That's a good idea to batch cook, I'll have to give that a go. I'm doing college from home so yes I still have access to a microwave! I have the day off tomorrow so I think I'll try find some recipes and write a shopping list. Thanks again for your ideas x

• @Catriona Conboy If you do end up getting the book my personal favourites are the chicken and veg pie, and the spicy mince bonanza, highly recommend!! He has loads split out over different meals of the day, snacks and baking, real good variety

Also if you buy frozen veg for meals that is good for helping with organisation. Sandwich bags are good for freezing the meals and they take up less space in the freezer. I keep my shopping list out in the kitchen so I do pop things on it as they come into my head, as well as then having one or 2 meals in my head to cook and the ingredients on the list for that. 

If you have a good airtight lunchbox you could prep a big salad the night before and it should stay fresh, and also if you make up overnight oats and have them at lunchtime? Lots of water during the day too will help keep you a bit more full

Organisation and routine are key, but it is manageable once you get your head around it. If you get stuck at all feel free to give me a shout!! 

• @Sharon Scully thank you so much Sharon you are FAB!! So helpful ❤️

• @Catriona Conboy would u try greek yogurts or quark yogurts for a lunch time snack? Save u cooking! I'm a creature of habit and that's my go to 7 days a week the milbona/q fitness/lindhals liberte or glenisk all have quiet good protein so they'll keep you fuller! I have 1 or 2 depending and a banana! I sometimes think if you have to cook all your meals it makes it easier to snack on convenience 🤐 or egg muffins they can be lunch boxed and reheated as needed! 😄

• @Leonie Mcnulty I usually have my breakfast quite early so not just if that would fill me! I might give it a go with some berries maybe and a banana like you said. I've tried those yoghurts before and do love them, thanks Leonie! 

• @Catriona Conboy I'm the exact same Catriona when doing lectures I find I have my nice big healthy breakfast and then for lunch I could eat ANYTHING and everything lol 😅 I'm quite lucky in that my dad often offers to cook things like homemade soup which I always LOVE in the middle of a day of lectures! I actually have made myself popcorn as a snack a few times during late evening lectures because I just love popcorn 😂 I also tend to have a good bit of yogurts, berries, grapes and oranges which I find great for snacking on during lectures to try stretch myself out until lunch/dinner. I'm definitely with you college has been making my diet crazy and I'm such a sucker for stress eating too!! We'll figure it out queen and I definitely feel like some days I could eat 100 times more than what I did before but I always find that if I feel hungry or peckish I'll eat something small like a piece of fruit because if I'm between meals and I get too peckish I'll end up going straight for the chocolates and biscuits. Really going to try steer away from the treats a bit next week, I had my period last week so between that and lectures I was nearly eating everything but the kitchen sink 😅

• @Catriona Conboy Also I definitely find keeping up on my water intake stops me from getting peckish as often during class, I always have my water bottle filled and on my desk for every lecture and I really do feel like it stops me from snacking as often, especially when I'm just snacking because I'm bored 😅😅

• @Niamh Byrne oh having some fruit to snack on during lectures is a great idea! I never even thought of that. Love soup aswell but it's always me to make it as my mam is still working! And oh God don't even get me started on the week of my period. I'm due mine next week and this week I'm like that, everything but the kitchen sink!! 🤣 I've set out a menu like@Maeve Madden  said and I am feeling a bit more organised so that's good. Thanks for your ideas will definitely take them on board!! 

• @Maeve Madden thanks for the tip about having a menu..

• @Sharon Scully I must check that cookbook out. Thanks for the tip.

• All these tips are great. Thanks so much for sharing them. 

• I've been having at lot of cheese and ham omlettes (super quick and easy to make plus lots of protein) and oat pancakes. I don't know if you've seen the Instagram hack going round at the moment with the wraps where you make a cut, fold each side and toast but it's absolutely delicious! I fill mine with salad leaves, halloumi, chicken and hummus!@Catriona Conboy 

• @Catriona Conboy hi Catriona I am exactly the same as you.. Eating everything in sight 🤭 I think its the colder weather making me want to eat more?!

I do find batch cooking soup or keeping some leftovers from day before dinner to have as lunches might help😊

• @Joanna Law omg yes this is amazing. I love this little hack. It's a game changer.