z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Plans for Lent | MaeveMadden

Plans for Lent

• @Niamh Byrne I am giving up sweets crisps buns biscuits cake!! I do it every year my treat is ice cream as I never could eat a big pile of it anyway! 

I have only started these workouts a month ago haven't concentrated on the diet side much and have maintained 3-4 per week! 

Lost 5.5lbs and 2 1/4 inches round my waist and feel so much better 😌 so hoping lent might help me concentrate on eating better !

• @Sinead Toal that's an amazing response. I actually agree. I'm telling you little children know best sometimes. Never underestimate them. 💙💙💙

• @Niamh Byrne this year I'm thinking of trying

- 11,000+ steps a day

- Reducing screen time & finishing work on time...I've gotten into an awful habit of working late😭

- No online shopping - this will be the hardest for me, I love seeing the deliveries arrive 😂

- Keep up my 3+ QDQ weekly workouts once the challenge is over

• @Niamh Byrne we always do it too and not one of us religious 😂

I'm going to give up spending money like a fool - you'd think in lock down ya couldn't spend it but I can spend it allllll every week! So just bills and food shopping from tomo 😳

Giving up the treats at least Mon- Fri .. will see how Sat and Sun work out might have 1 per day 🙈 

And that's probably enough suffering so for myself I'm going to try and cut screen time down maybe 50% I'm a divil at the weekend for just scrolling it away!! 🙄 And increase my yoga to 3-4 times a week probably before bed because I'm struggling to stay asleep in the night! So hopefully that new habit will help relax me, I feel like I'm more stressed at night than I am during the day 🙈😂 

And now that I've wrote that down I think it'll help stick to it!! ☺️ Goooodluck 🤞 40 days .. we can do it! 

• @Breige Simpson That's fantastic Breige! Well done you. I'm really hoping this will help me get my eating under control too. Best of luck queen x

• @Steph Bellew I'm the same with the onlin shopping, so many ads popping up today for things that I want and I'm like no 😂 I might let myself have 2 orders over the 6 weeks if I really see something I need/like but definitely going to try avoid! 

• @Leonie Mcnulty Yes Leonie, sounds similar to my plans, honestly I know lockdown is hard and I'm finding it super hard this time but I feel like I'm using it as an excuse for everything at this stage which I'm hoping Lent will let me realise that I don't need all the treats I've been having (whether they be sweet treats or online shopping treats lol) Honestly I'm just thinking about the easter eggs that's what'll get me through lol 

• Well ladies, to be honest I'm starting to struggle and we're not even through day 1 🤣 I'm in the middle of a dull day of online lectures and I just want to snack because I'm bored but I know I don't need it lol. Had a cup of tea after my lunch and all I wanted was a wee biscuit with it but said no no Niamh can't be giving up on the first day. QUEENS DO NOT QUIT! So I had a wee handful of grapes instead, when I feel like snacking again I'll run up and get an orange or something. Hopefully the treat cravings will leave me after a few days lol anyone else finding themselves thinking about it already? We can do this though queens! x

• @Niamh Byrne oh my God I already put leggings and a hoodie in a basket and to be honest I was going to break I had my excuse ready (I was even going to send the package to my home house so himself wouldn't see!!!!)  it but I haven't 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what are we like!!! 🤣🤣🤣 

Snacking is a hard habit to get rid off especially in the current situation!! But good on you making healthy choices 👏👏 you got this!! 😁

• @Niamh Byrne I've been all over the place recently so going to use lent as a bit of a reset! Im going to close the rings on my watch each day, no chocolate, sweets or alcohol and a minimum of 4 QDQ workouts a week! 

• @Niamh Byrne ahh Niamh lent wasnt a big thing in our house even though my fam are quite religious! I cant,if I tell myself I cant have something I want it more so I try to eat a bit better or start doing something that actively has an impact on mine or someone else...a few years ago I collected shoe box appeal for the homeless or like this year I'm trying to introduce something into this house as a family activity once or twice a week!But I try to do something that I will continue.

• Also so annoyed I had to give up this morning!gonna have a second go here once I get the kids down!migraine seems to have gone ish but could start to build again once I start so fingers crossed, hate missing a days workout!

• Lent used to be huge thing on our house growing up - we would still buy our normal allowance of sweets on a Sunday after mass and then stash them in our wardropes! We would be allowed a little on Paddy's day and then sicken ourselves Easter Sunday lol

It's been a long time since I have done Lent - but feel like doing it even just to break out lockdown into a 6 week block and also somewhat in memory of my late mother.

So committed to 

- 10K steps a day (except Sundays)

- 2 litres water a day

- One early bird QDQ class a week starting with Pilates tomorrow morning.

- No sweets or chocolate

• @Pamela King see I like that,that has a healthy impact on your life and a habit you will probably contimue to do!iv set something similar for myself around6 weeks ago so I feel like I have done lent.hahaha 

• I'm all about adding in rather than taking things out - especially right now the way the world is so crazy and we are missing so much! It's strictly just sweets that I usually scoff on the kids and choc that I eat out of boredom I'm trying to give up...I'm more a crisp girl but I am not giving that up! Am on Dry Feb - first time have give up drink for long time since was pregnant...many many years ago - and finding that because I'm not drinking I'm not eating the usual salty snacks too. But that's just until 28th Feb! lol

• Hey Queens! I'm a bit late but I've decided to give up crisps which is going to be so hard for me! I'm also giving up takeaways (also so hard!!) and sweets (not as hard as I'm Vegetarian the sweets I can eat are much more expensive so I don't buy them often!)  so far I'm a few days in and doing ok! I'm cutting down my chocolate intake to only like one or two days a week, and trying to only have dark chocolate as I'll only eat 2 or so squares of that and let's face it we all need some sort of treat in this lockdown! 
    mad for taking on things I'm trying to get more outdoor walks in! And read more books too, was gifted so many at Christmas I've yet to even start!!!! 
    hope your all doing well so far with lent!!

• 2 / 2