z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Plans for Lent | MaeveMadden

Plans for Lent

• Hey queens, 

I hope everyone enjoyed the workout this morning. I feel like it's the most I've sweated in a LONG time it was so so spicy! We were just talking about Lent at the end of he workout and even though we're not awfully religious in my family its something we always do. I'm looking for some inspiriation so want to know if you queens are giving up anything or adding in anything for Lent this year? I wasn't going to do it at all but figure my diet has been a bit meh the last wee while so it might really help me with lowering the amount of treats 😅

I'm definitely going to keep one or two things just so I still have something to go to when I feel like I want a nice treat but at the minute I'm thinking no biscuits and no crisps. I've been off fizzy drinks since christmas and oh my I have seen such a difference in bloating and everything! Sometimes I'll have my sparkling water with a bit of no added sugar squash if I'm really craving a bit of fizz. I also think I'll try swap milk chocolate for dark chocolate, to be honest I think I prefer dark chocolate anyways but I just find I eat far less of it than I would milk choclate so might give that a go!

Really going to try keep my steps up throughout the next few weeks too! I have three weeks left of online college until I have two weeks off so the challenge is really keeping me going until then 💪 I uaually aim to get 11,000+ steps 5 days a week and then have 2 days where I can get around 6-8,000 but really going to try keep my steps up too! 

Anyone else doing Lent and what are you planning on giving up or adding in? I definitely will have to keep some little treats because the combination of college and lockdown is bad enough without depriving myself of all sugar lol 🤣🤣

• I think I will take up the step challenge too is a good one im defo going to try get above my normal average! I'm going to make the effort also to reduce my screen time on my phone i dont know what it is but lately im so bad im scrolling non stop all the time 😬

As for treats.. i cant give anything up it usually ends in disaster if i try ban something completley 🙈 🍕🍩🍪🍫

Im so excited for my easter egg already 🤩 I'm thinking Daim this year 😍

• @Christina O'Callaghan I love Daim bars. Omg that just excited me right there thinking about what Easter egg that I want. 😂🐣🍫

• @Niamh Byrne i really need to sit down and have a good think about what I'm going to do for Lent. I want to set myself a realistic goal.

I did a lovely walk yesterday and actually it helps to burn a lot of calories but also it's great to get out in fresh air too and clear the head. So maybe I need to consider a walk for X amount of KM everyday. I will have to try and work around the weather but also just throw on my outdoor gear that I actually own. 

Drinking more water is a must. I've been getting better at that in the last few days so I'll just have to keep it up. Why wait until Lent?

Other thoughts non-fitness wise or health wise is doing ten minutes a day of Duolingo and keep working on my Português. I need to get a little notebook too to help with this.

Self care thoughts: One bath a week with candles lit while playing calming, nature music. 

Now that I've typed this up I feel like I actually might have just laid out my Lenten Plan. 🐣👑💙😊

• @Christina O'Callaghan I love Daim omg, I am always th eonly one who likes it 

• @Niamh Byrne Hi ya im the same im a bit what can I do thats realistic and not a sure I'll see what happens. Thinking by writing here like Sinead means I'll be accountable. After this past year Im really thankful that through ups and downs we are here and healthy and have my family here, so really want to do something.

I have been doing an average of 7k steps a day(as not commuting from work I wasnt getting the normal 10k in and was deflating so this was more realistic) I try and do an average of at least 7k a week and month so means the days of less can average out :)

Sweets and chocolate I want to cut down but thinking of cutting it out and being allowed a dessert on sunday (now 1 not an afternoon of them lol)

Want to also make sure I phone a friend for a long proper chat at least once a week as was good at this at the beginning of lockdown but then kind of became just messaging and whatsapp again. I was always one for meeting in person I never really liked talking on the phone even as a child.

A self care day/evening 1x week, so facemask, stry and start reading just tune out and kind of reset.

Log off work ontime, wfh i kind of stay on later - Mon and Tues workouts are great as im like got to go at 6pm its my excuse to log off.

oh and of course the workouts :) so I can look forward to my Easter Egg come April...yummy 🐣🗿🤤😀 xxx

• @Niamh Byrne lovely, we always do lent in our house too... It used to be going to mass every morning, but of course thats a no... I am defintley going to give up something for my suffering, and take on something for my time of self reflection.. 

I think im going to give up the sugar, so sweets and chocolates, something myself and himself enjoy a few nights a week and I know it will be hard but for my fasting this will definitely be a really big challenge for us.

& then for my self reflection I was thinkng to do Esther meditation and switching off my phone from like 9pm-9am 

I suppose the point is to steer your attention away from temporary satisfactions so that you are better able to concentrate on God.

I dunno this year I am really feeling like doing this.. 

• @Maeve Madden love them too, just got them at the wkend!!!! Heaven

• I'm going to do the step challenge also! With being off work I find myself being extra lazy 🙈 Aiming for 10k a day as this will encourage me to do a walk morning & evening!

Also giving up chocolate, bread and fizzy drinks! This will be torture for me but i really want to see if my energy levels change! Will still have other treats so I'm not cranky but chocolate and fizzy drinks are my downfall! 

Wish me luck 🙈 x 

• @Niamh Byrne yes Queen im so up for this!! I broke my dry November for the burlesque night but I didn't mind that! I like the thoughts of changing to dark chocolate...... and upping the steps is also brilliant idea!!!!

Oh my gosh I just finished this mornings workout..... that was insane,  I also haven't sweated like that in so long!!! I bloody loved it but definitely feeling the affects of over indulging!!!!! X

• @Christina O'Callaghan screen time is definitely a good one, I feel like it's so hard to detatch these days too. I might look at setting limits on apps on my phone actually so that might help! Super idea Christina 🙌

Aw I'm thinking about them already too! @Maeve Madden Daim bars are absolutely FANTASTIC I love the eggs that have the little pieces incorporated in mm so yummy! 😍😍 I also love the little mini daim bars you can get that come individually wrapped in a big bag, the only place I've ever been able to get them is IKEA but I obviously can't travel there with restrictions so really would love to look into getting them somewhere else, the mini ones are so handy when you just want something sweet with a cuppa x

• @Sinead Bergin Aw it's so good getting out for walks, honestly even three weeks ago I was absolutely like no no am not going for a walk but since the start of February I've started going every day and sometimes I just go for 15/20 minutes just to get some steps in and get a bit of fresh air. I've went every day for 15 days now even in bad weather so delighted with myself, as my dad always says 'There's no such thing as bad weather, just badly dressed people' lol 😂 Definitely will try keep it up though I've found the fresh air great for getting away from my desk.

Those sound absolutely fab queen! x

• @Una McElroy Sounds like such a good, and achievable plan queen! x

• @Maeve Madden I definitely think I'll try cut the sugar in the evenings but I don't want to let myself down by giving it up completely because I find when college gets stressful especially when combines with hormones that I need a little bar of chocolate haha definitely has been my coping mechanism during lockdown but I picked up some small 85% bars in aldi today and they'll be for during lent when I feel like I need some chocolate 😅 

Definitely think I'm going to go with the crisps, buscuits and try limit myself to 1 coffee a day and maybe try limit those days to 4 or 5 a week, I often find myself getting a bit carried away with the frothy oat lattes lol 

Those ideas for self refelction sound great! I've missed the last few of Esther's class just with taking all day on a sunday stuck in the books but I feel like I definitely will have to put aside time for it, I just love Esther's classes so that's definitely a good shout ❤️ I feel like the study guilt kicks in sometimes when I'm doing anything but sitting at my desk but going to schedule my week hour by hour this week to really try balance everything 🤞

• @Aine Swift Sounds good Aine! I feel like for Lent it's best to give up the thing that you really love, honestly for me that's crisps and biscuits I LOVE a good pack of salt and vinegar crisps and it's just become far too regular! I'm going to keep my chocolate because I feel like I don't actually eat that much of but the odd time I end up really craving it (uaually hormones) and I can usually get away with just having a small bit so think I'll try hang onto it! 

I set myself the 10k steps everyday goal for February and honestly it's hard when you're at home all day! I usually try aim for over 10k 5 days a week and then on the other 2 I'll still try have a high step count but I kind of changed it from 10k a day to 70k a week which I think for my suits my schedule at the minute because some days I just have so much more time for walking than others! x

• @Carmel Mulvany I feel like they're little things but also some things I think I'll struggle with but who doesn't love a challenge lol 

Aw the workout this morning was fantastic! Every single inch of me was sweating, definitely the sweatiest Betty I think I've been since starting QDQ 🤣 Well done for getting it done queen xx

• My daughters school told them they don't have to give anything up as they are all sacrificing enough..... I'm going with that!

• But I'm definitely going to get my steps up now it's a bit brighter in the morning, try to get 2 walks a day as well as a workout. Can't believe how much lockdown has changed me. I used to hate walking in the rain, now I love it. I feel so alive when I get absolutely soaked by passing cars then home for a hot shower 

• Im going to give up the crips, my killer. Just LOVE popchips bbq, Tayto cheese & Onion, Chipsticks Salt & Vinegar, any type really 😂 I literally went on pig out mode at the weekend for my last supper lol 

Also, going to reduce the screen time on my mobile, anyone else just get cerried away and oh theres half an hour gone. Im generally quite toned, but my weakness is that lower tummy 🙈 ..if any of you have any tips how to help shread that lil spare tyre e.g. extra exercises, foods, anything at all, please let me know as I be quite conscious and it is also another mission for me during lent 😀

And yes...my glutes were on fire today 🔥 

Happy Monday Queens xxx

• @Laurelle Campbell I'm the same crisps of any kind and another one I've been munching Cali Cali crisps, so that's my aim. Also try and cut down on Prosecco at weekends and screen time.

Glutes 🔥 also 😊🙌

• 1 / 2