z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

HIP SOCKETS - ADVICE? | MaeveMadden

HIP SOCKETS - ADVICE?

• Hi Queens, 

Bit of an odd question here- I've just done combat queens from Tuesday and noticed when I was doing the "Bond Girl" leg raises that it almost feels like my hip sockets are grinding? 
    Does anyone else get this? Or ...Know how to make it stop? 
    Its not so much painful just a bit strange and uncomfortable? 
    Any advice greatly appreciated 🥰 

Thank you!! X

• @Hannah Dagens I get that a wee bit with some moves Hannah, I think as long as it's not hurting its just more of an annoyance than a serious problem! With me personally I've been told it's because my hip flexors are very tight. Before workouts and after I often spend extra time stretching and foam rolling my hip flexors and I find it helps! I definitely see a difference when I haven't been stretching them. The low lunge stretch that we do I find really helps stretch out my hip flexors, it's a lifesaver stretch for me! 

• @Niamh Byrne thanks so much! 
    I do have tight hip flexors and very clicky hips so maybe I should start doing more work on stretching them out and see if it improves! 😅 

Xx

• I'm the same, always had very tight hips and sometimes if we've been doing a lot of leg work I find that my hips pop and grind a lot more (not popping and grinding in a good way anyway 😂). Agree that the best thing for it is to stretch more and for longer. When you spend a longer time in a stretch, especially a lunge you start to melt into it a bit more and it does help when going to exercise again. Feel like when you first go into a stretch it's really sore and then something happens and you're like "oh, there you go". 

• @Hannah Dagens I have whats none as child bearing hips queen and let me tell ya, they click so much through core / stretch parts of class.  As the other queens say  as long as there's no pain it can just mean you have tight hips. Its not as bad as it was when I started but still likes to appear from time to time xx

• Mine do this too, it's so annoying. I try and get some extra stretches in and always try and do at least one yoga stretch class a week. I find if I do that it generally feels a lot better the next day. ♥️

• Oh yes the clicky hips are something many of us experience. As long as it's not sure you are fine.

• @Helen Madden thanks Helen! I may give the yoga / Pilates a go and see if that helps ☺️