z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Backwards PMS | MaeveMadden

Backwards PMS

• I really hope I'm not the only one but lately in the last 3-4 months I've noticed this! So week before my period, am fine no symptoms as such, 1 day before it maybe tiny bloat some cramping nothing too hectic. Week of period I am in my best shape, slimmest I'll be all month, can work out no problem, no cravings can really take control of my diet. 

And see this week, the week after, am wrecked, I'm moody, I'm bloated and oh my god I am sugar bingeing! I had a nap on my lunch break yesterday🤦🏿‍♂️ 

Am I alone on this??? 😂 (Will be phoning doc later too just wondering am I the only wierdo😂)

Have another question for the queens, anyone that's gone from the pill to hormone free? I am 100% wanting to do it, my only fear is I was on it for adult acne and i am so nervous that I'll get it again and it was honestly a very dark time for me suffered for two years, spent thousands trying to fix it and I've made such progress with my skin and mental health I don't know if I could do it again 😰 so any tips on this would be very welcome! 

• @Leonie Mcnulty mine is all over the place queens, I have mine now 2 days and tummy do swollen and energy quite low... but sometimes on dat 3 or 4 my energy picks up again!!! Its do frustrating! And yes I ate loads of crisps last nite..... don't judge me!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think when I comes  to pms there's no solid answer as we are all so different!!!! I haven't taken the pill for years and period doesn't last as long but still have pains, cramps, headaches and mood swings.....the things us women go through!!!!

• @Leonie Mcnulty I get mad pms like clockwork the week before I'm due to start and feel like absolute crap for two weeks straight. I suppose like Carmel said we're all completely different but definitely if you're concerned about something give your doc a call! I really am in two minds about coming off my pill too. I've been on it for years because my periods were absolutely excruciating but I feel like it's just masking a problem if there's one day. I'm also terrified of weight gain, acne and all those things coming off it because I've been on it so long but I'm really starting to hate it to be honest! Would love to hear what other queens have experienced coming off the pill. Definitely would chat to your doc about that too though queen! x

• @Carmel Mulvany oh no judgement hear I was stuffing my face with pick n mix before I walked upstairs to bed 🥴🥴 I feel like we are being victimized 🤣🤣🤣 himself is cracking up with the moodiness, but like I said sure who else can I be moody with I can't see anyone  else 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @Niamh Byrne yes I feel this! Masking the problem.. I've had more tests done and still no answer just a stay on the pill 🧐! been researching all day and iv signed up to a breaking up with the pill seminar in 2 weeks so if I get any useful info I let u know! Sooo scared of the acne, I think the weight gain is a myth though! I hope 🤣🤣🤣 

• @Leonie Mcnulty I have been diagnosed with PMDD which is like PMS on steroids. I have started to get menopause injections just so I don't have to endure my hormones changing every month! This might all sound extreme but it is after 15 years of struggling with up to 3 weeks of PMS a month! 

What I have learnt is - TRACK everything! I had a little bullet diary for 9 months and it really helped me identify that the issues were cyclical and clearly related to my period. I would track things like headaches, to fatigue, to acne. So any time I change any hormones, contraception or anything else, I will track my cycle for 3-4 months so I can see how/if it changes.

The other thing I have learnt is that for me, my body is best with medical and pharmacological intervention. I know some women who had the same injection as me and hated every second of it, but for me this has been a lifeline, so I would always recommend trying different options out and seeing what works best for your body!

And just to add my own little rant to it - my injection is wearing off so I am more hormonal then I have been in 3 months and I am hot flushing like a demon and binging so baddddd!!! But! Next injection is on Friday and should kick in by the end of next week! Phew!

• Omg can I be totally honest and say that I NEVER considered tracking these things like energy levels at all until I joined this community? I'm fortunate in that the only "symptoms" I get is a breakout on my chin and the obvious swelling... no cramps or anything like that. I know my dates but that's about it. Maybe I need to start I could have been backwards all these years and not known it 😂😂😂

• @Leonie Mcnulty ur dead right honey!!!! Its their job to take it!!! 🤣🤣

• @Sammi Trev thank you for the advice I had started tracking energy and that's how I noticed this like delayed pms 🤣 but I must keep note of this thanks sammi! 😌 Oh my god I hope you feel better after it! We women are complicated beings 🥴🥴🥴

• @Beth Haughian Its funny we just get on with things but when we think about it, it's like how do we get through the months when we are up and down with hormones! 🤣 am completely backwards at the minute🤣

• @Leonie Mcnulty We really are! It is madness altogether! Best of luck with it!!!

• @Sammi Trev Hi Sammi, I suffer with PMDD too. I've been seeing a gynaecologist for 2 years. I'm currently on a postergen only pill and the mirena coil. I've been on the mirena coil for almost 2 years and this new pill for almost 2 months. Next step if this doesn't work is to get the injections. I'm glad it's worked well for you, it gives me some hope that something might work for me! 

• I don't get backwards PMS but definitely give your doctor a ring about that. I always think our bodies are so good at telling us when something is off or not quite right but our minds are trained not to listen because we don't want to seem dramatic or like a nuisance to the GP but you're absolutely not!

As for the pill, yes I've been off it for about 3 years now, best decision ever as my body is super sensitive to hormones and I just didn't feel like myself anymore. I also tried the mirena coil but it fell out without me knowing (thankfully picked up during a routine smear) and the coil was just as bad... worse skin, headaches, worse cramps. I've had no adverse reactions since being off hormonal contraception and feel SO much better for it but also don't really know what options I have for contraception now as everything is hormone laced. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• @Sian Coleridge Ahhh so good to hear a fellow queen understands! 

I have the mirena in a year now as well as everything else! I kinda forget that it is there now!

I am super bloated and emotional this week as well as binging like a mad thing so I cannot wait to get the next dose! My plan is to stay on the menopause until I decide if I want to have kids or not. Me and my gynae have agreed that my ovaries are coming out when I am 40 one way or another!

• @Sian Coleridge Oh and I was warned off the injections by so many people and heard so many horror stories, but my gynae said to make sure to start my HRT before the menopause symptoms kicked in big time and between that and staying active, the slight aches and pains and the odd hot flash are nothing as bad as any month of my full cycle, so there is defo hope out there! 💃

• @Laura C I've dove so deep into this the last few days I'm actually going to change doctors 🤦🏿‍♂️ No shade but I think that might be part of my problem 😂😂😂

I'm looking in to the copper coil, hormone free or so it says! Just need to get a consult with new doc and see if it will suit but hopefully it will 🤞 

I totally understand you I don't feel like myself lately on it, it's just not for me anymore, need to be set free from the hormones they are not helping 😂😂😂 

• @Leonie Mcnulty yeah maybe go for a new doctor if you think they'd be more helpful! Oooh let me know what they say about copper coil, I was considering it but then I read that it can make periods more painful and heavy and I was just like ummm nope! 😂🙅🏻‍♀️

• @Laura C it's a no for the copper coil 😳 bloat alone for 6 months , noooo thanks! Not after all our hard work!!!