z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Francesca's class v's Sweaty 7s | MaeveMadden

Francesca's class v's Sweaty 7s

• Morning queens!

Fisrt time posting but would love to hear your thoughts. I follow my own kind of timetable as follows

M - Glutes & Gains

T - Sweaty 7s

W - Body Combat

T - Sweaty 7s

F - HIIT Party

S - Active Abs & Arms

S - Rest

Now I'm keen to mix it up and maybe add another workout on the tuesdays and thursdays as the SS's are so effective, but low impact. I haven't done one of Francesca's classes but have watched them and they look pretty intense - is it like SSs for the legs or something completely different?

My own goals and focus areas are toning the arms and tummy, hence why i do 2 SSs per week and active abs and arms.

Thanks so much in advance - love this community so much xx

Sarah x

• Hey Sarah! I follow a similar routine to yours, I try and do Francesca's classes every week! They are amazing, a lot of glutes and weights and not much bouncing about but I find them more difficult than sweaty 7s! We are all different though and I love both fit and fierce and sweaty 7s! You should definitely give them a go xx 

• @Meadhbh Anderson Thanks so much Meadbh - I might try it next tuesday and see if I'm still able to do sweaty seven's afterwards. Do you do abs attack?

• Hiya @Sarah Buttimer - I LOVE Francesca's class! Now it is very much focused on glutes, legs and back strength. However in my opinion it is really important to have strong legs and glutes as they ultimately can only help with all other workouts! They are primarily band and weight workouts, with limited cardio but you will still burn alot as you are working so hard! 

Now just to say something out about targeting a body part such as tummy- we actually cannot target where we lose weight from so even if you do nothing but ab work it doesn't mean it would actually cause any fat loss to occur in your stomach (though invariably would mean you were stronger there!) So if fat loss is the goal it is not entirely necessary to choose just workouts that focus on a specific area, if that makes sense? Have you read Maeve's blog about the selection of workouts versus your goals? 

• Hey Queens, Can I have your opinion? I am just wondering about Fit and Fierce class. I am not as sweaty or don't get as high a calorie burn but my bum and legs would be wrecked and shakey after it. Just wondering how everyone else is as I am wondering am I pushing myself enough as I don't do the bench ones I do them on the floor? Love to hear your thoughts!!

• @Aoife McCarthy Hey as long as you are feeling it in your glutes and your legs I think that's the main thing! Because it's a lower impact you wouldn't get as high as a burn as a cardio class or even a sweaty 7s class because you are less active with eg no burpees or the like. I think it's one where you definitely don't need to consider the tracker as a measure, as long as you are feeling the burn, and hopefully sort of enjoying it! Definitely no issue to do it on the floor (though if it helps- I use a bed instead of a bench?) as you should still be feeling it, just not as much as you would with a bench. 

• @Sarah Buttimer I do abs attack the odd time but I prefer to do abs at the end of maeve's classes rather than a separate class for abs. Hope this makes sense! @Aoife McCarthy Hey queen, yes I would be the same, I think it's because it's more low impact there's not as much jumping around etc, but the main thing is you feel great after! I get annoyed at myself when my calorie burn isn't the best but I try to remind myself it's not about the calories, it's about enjoying yourself and especially if you are wrecked after it it means you have put in lots of work! I find weighted classes my burn is a lot lower in general but don't let this put you off xx 

• @Meadhbh Anderson @Aoife McCarthy oh also sorry something to bear in mind- with weight classes it is not just the "burn" during the class, your body will keep burning calories afterwards (longer than it would with a cardio class) as it works on muscle repair for the little muscles you tore during the workout (sorry graphic way to describe it!) so definitely try not let it dishearten you as it's not necessarily an accurate representation to what your body is actually achieving. (I hope that makes sense!) 

• @Sharon Scully Thanks Sharon -  will definetly give it a go

• @Meadhbh Anderson Thanks Meadbh - might try it before a SS class and see how i get on x

• @Sarah Buttimer I would say maybe go back to the first class of it, maybe 4 weeks ago I think? As they have progressed on a bit every week in terms of difficulty. It is a toughie but one of my favourites

• Thanks girls. That's made me feel a whole lot better. Must say I've a soft spot for the lower impact strength. So glad it's the same with Ye. 

I might just try to ignore the lack of Calorie burn in these classes. 

I act love abs attack too. But I have noticed she does more boxing every second week so il wait till next week. 

Anything to avoid all the burpees 🤪😂😂

Thanks again ye babes!!! 

• @Sarah Buttimer Hi queen, so as the girls have probably said, Francesca's class is really strenght training, similar to sweaty 7s but working your glutes and legs.  Its insane!!!!! if you are more focused on abs and core and arms, you are doing a great few classes for that but i would defo reccomend Sineads class - barre pilates!! its an overall body workout and an absolute insane burn!!!! 

• Lots of interesting advice here. Be sure to check.out Maeve's blog too.

• @Sharon Scully Ya that makes sense actually - good thinking!

• @Carmel Mulvany Thanks Carmel - will give it a go too x

• @Sarah Buttimer let us know how u get on xx