z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Fibre | MaeveMadden

Fibre

• Oh queens.... Did anyone else think they were smashing their diet and realize actually they take hardly any fibre 🙈🙈🙈 what a wake up call I've gone back over my MFP and I take about 10g in.... A week!!!! I'm shoook 🙈

Gradually trying to up it all week actually finding it hard as I was so set in my routine 😂 anyone any tips or tricks for this one? I'm adding chia seeds to everything 😂

• @Leonie Mcnulty AcTually just went to check my fibre intake there 😂 I definitely don't get the 30g every day is it? but most days I'd get about 20g each day. One day here apparently I had 36g so must look at what I ate that day 😂😂 I eat a lot of oats and would always have wholewheat pastas instead of the regular one. I think Lentils are quite good, I actually love the eat Fiid meal pouches, they're not for everyone but they have Ragu, curry, Tagine, Chili and Masala. They do seam a bit expensive so I usually just stock up when they're on sale. Now I'd usually split the pouch into two portions and have it with some wholewheat pasta/rice, I think I read on one of the packages at one stage that there's 11g of fibre per pouch and they're full of protein and nutrients too!
    Do you eat a lot of fruit and veg queen? I find myself loving broccoli recently tbh like would literally just sit with a bowl of broccoli and I'm happy out 😂 Chia and Flax are definitely full of fibre too if you're struggling 

• @Niamh Byrne ya 25-30g per day 🙈 I had been skipping the oats and pastas in favour of higher protein options maybe that's why I was missing out so much 🧐!! Have the whole wheat pasta bought, the broccoli and cauliflower the kiwis, eating them skin on 😂😂😂 oh u sound like u get loads I looked at the Fiid meals yesterday I put it back I think I need the reasureance that's it's nice I'll pick it up the next day thanks 😁 

I thought I was but I obviously amnt I suppose when I really think about it I just eat a small bit of veg with a dinner but I might only have "dinner" 3 or 4 times a week I hadn't even realised!! I bought sylliflor?! Just waiting for delivery, meant to have loads in it hope I don't regret it 😂😂😂😂 have u heard of it? 

• @Leonie Mcnulty I started putting my protein powder in my oats to kind f combine the protein with a carb. To be honest in our house it's usually typically Irish old fashined dinners of a plate of veg and a piece of meat 🤣🤣 I honestly love the fiid meals, would definitely give them a go! 

I've heard of it but never used it. I've definitely heard good things though!

I used to suffer horribly with abdominal cramps and IBS after literally every single meal and I think I really wasn't eating a lot of fibre then! Some days I'm very bad with it but most days I tend to be quite good! I defintely feel like MFP has helped me keep track of everything, I was nearly afraid to start using it in case I felt restricted but honestly I just use it now so I can map what I'm eating especially if I get an IBS flare up it's good to be able to track it down. 

I hope you get sorted queen and that your sylliflor does it's job x

• @Leonie Mcnulty I made this infographic and shared it on my instagram before. It might be of use!

• I also have a recipe for chickpea burgers which I have with a wholemeal pita and sweet potato wedges for dinner and that gives you half of your daily fibre intake! (15g)

• @Maeve O'Keeffe oh that sounds fabulous Maeve I need to look you up 😁

• @Maeve O'Keeffe oh my god!!! Need to get on that coconut dahl looks amazing 😍 you've given me lots of inspo!! 

• @Leonie Mcnulty this is very interesting queen, im guessing I'm defo not getting near that amount of fibre...to be honest I'm so bad with my diet,  I really need to sort it out!!!! My protein is also not at target!!!! 🤔🤔🤔

• @Carmel Mulvany I just started looking into it in the first lock down I was desperate to loose afew pounds and with being at home I thought it was the easiest time and I've just kept it up it's a bit of an eye opener if nothing else 😂 I'm waiting on the gut stuff book to arrive I feel like that'll be another eye opener 🙈 keeping the protein high is great you feel so much fuller xx 

• @Leonie Mcnulty oh you have to try it!! such a delicious dinner option and full of fibre and protein😍 let me know if you give any of the recipes a go!!

• I make brown bread for the kids here a few times a week (and have to stop myself milling it) but I put wheat bran into it, it's supposed to be really high in fibre and really good for you. My Mam was telling me to add some to my porridge to increase my fibre. I keep forgetting to buy after reading this I will! I think you can just sprinkle some on top after cooking

• @Leonie Mcnulty that reminds me,  I must order that!! Thanks honey. Yes defo good to check these things for sure! Love getting all this advice here  xxx

• @Maeve O'Keeffe I wld this receipe Queen. Chickpeas r one of my favs👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Leonie Mcnulty I'm always nibbling of berries & melon which r rich in fibre. Heres a pic of where u can get more fibre. 

• @Audrey Browne they're my fav too! https://www.instagram.com/p/CMIaCRyHsVh/ recipe is here! Definitely try them out - you can freeze any extra mixture once you've shaped them into burgers which is super handy too