z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Just a little advice 😥 | MaeveMadden

Just a little advice 😥

• Morning my lovely queens! 👑 

I hope you're all keeping well 💕

Yesterday I ended up doing the HIIT workout (omg pure spice and fire 🔥 😂) and then ended up going for a walk with the partner later on. However I woke up to a really bad pain/cramp in around my left ankle/calf. Any advice? 😥

Was hoping to do a sweaty 7s class but wondering if I should avoid 😬.

Thank you girls 💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith oh no honey  you defo need to rest ur ankle, hopefully its just wee twist or sprain!!!! Sweaty 7s should be ok to do as its alot of weights on upper body! If there's burpees or any jumping just take it back to beginner level as to not put more strain on ankle! Xx I just loved yesterday so much, was gonna do it again but might wait till 2mro, don't think my abs can take the session just yet! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @Carmel Mulvany thank you so much Carmel! It's such a strange feeling and I was like "what could I have done?" 🙈😂. But thank you for the advice 😘.

Ohmygod talk about Abs on fire 😂!!! Felt like crying 🤣🤣💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith Aw no queen, it might've just been a little strain on your calf, we were doing a lot of calf work and then maybe the walk aggrivated it more. If you give it some rest and hopefully it's just something very minor like a sprain or a strain you shoud be flying again soon. If it persists I would see a doc or physio about it though queen. Lots of rest and maybe a nice bath might help! Let us know how it goes queen & mind yourself! xx

• @Niamh Byrne thanks a million 🥰. Hopefully it's just a little strain and nothing serious! Will definitely keep everyone updated 🥰💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith these things happen so easily queen and we were on our toes alot dancing as niamh said!!! Lots of rest so you can come back flying xxx 

• Maeve always says in S7 you can even do it sitting down so maybe try that so you're not putting any pressure on your ankle! Hope you're feeling better soon xx 

• @Caron Moore ah brilliant I'll give that ago! 😍. Thanks a mill 😘💕

• Hey@Clíodhna Weafer Smith I definitely advise resting. I fell a couple of weeks ago not long into my start here on the website and I didn't heed the advice of others and here I am, 2 weeks later on all sorts of anti spasm and anti inflammatory medicines not able to even walk far. Take the time to heal, otherwise you'll be out much longer. Should have taken the advise of the lovely girlies here! Really hope you feel better soon x

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith Heya Queen, u poor thing. I didn't do hiit from Friday but I do believe there were a few Irish Dancing routines in there. I did the St. Patrick's Day routine & as it's been years since I did Irish Dancing I truly did feel it the following day. U prob tweaked ur ankle Cliodhna, seriously take it easy on it bcos if u don't look after it now it will effect further down the line. And I know doll. Rest it up when u can, slightly elevated & defo not too much pressure on it. I hope it heals fast for u. 🥰 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Clairecluck1 oh god Claire! You poor thing I really hope you're okay 😣!! I hope you feel better soon 💕💕

• @Audrey Browne thank you so much Audrey 🥰. I did the St.Patrick's day one and that one so I think my body was in shock 🙈. Definitely listened to all you queens and took it easy and rested, definitely feel a little better today but I'm gonna give it a few more days. Better to be safe than sorry!😘💕💕

• Aw @Clíodhna Weafer Smith  ya poor thing, I hope it's a bit better now! When I first started Maeve's workouts I had a lot of pain in my inner calf/shin area from all the pops and jumps. I got quite bad cramps some days if I tried to run the day after a workout but as I built up a bit of strength it went away. For me it was nothing more than sore muscles and I just held back on some of the bouncy exercises until my legs got used to it and now I'm grand to do them all although the Irish dancing was such a killer!!! Anyway reason I say it is because if it happens again when you come back after your rest maybe just try to go easy on the jumping or anything on you tippie toes and hopefully you can build up your calves gently! Enjoy your wee rest ❤️

• @Sarah Storey that make so much sense! I recently been able to do the jumping jacks and a couple of the pop ups and mixed in with the Irish dancing could of been overload. That is such amazing advice thank you so much 😊 💕💕💕