z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Temptation control/ getting out of bad habits | MaeveMadden

Temptation control/ getting out of bad habits

• Hi Queens!

I've battled self-esteem issues related to my body for as long as I can remember.  I've just-about gotten out of mentality focused on numbers (calories/weight/miles run etc) and I've made good progress on my fitness and strength since getting out of the obsession with numbers.  I'm quite proud of that as it's a big mindset change for me.

A big fall-down for me is food.  I continually make poor choices and have no restraint when it comes to bad food/drink or things that I enjoy in the short-term but have massive guilt about later.  I am overweight, and while I'm not aiming for any goal-weight, I do want to feel better in myself and make the best decisions for my long-term health, so I am looking to lose a few kgs.

Can anyone offer any advice/tips on how to resist urges or impulse decisions with food? 

Sending big Queen vibes for the long weekend!

Aileen x

• @Aileen Linehan i know exactly what you mean Aileen.  Self restraint is hard for me too, I would be sticking to a plan but then I would eat all the crap and then walk for miles in the hope it would make a difference.   You can't change what's happened and sometimes thinking too much about being 'good' can result in being 'bad', if you know what I mean.  I dont think anyone can help us but ourselves.  Since joing team Queen I am kinder to myself and I really believe that is the starting point for change, for me anyway!

The only other tip I can give you is if its not in the house you cant eat it!

Happy Easter xx 

• @Aileen Linehan hi aileen!! Food is also the thing i struggle with the most! I love food and know a large amount of what I eat is the wrong stuff for me and my IBS. What I've tried to do is introduce more fruit and cut back a little on takeaways. I think if you make small changes, this will be easier to achieve!!!