z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Feeling flat. Any advice? | MaeveMadden

Feeling flat. Any advice?

• Hi ladies, I joined the Queens community in the New Year and haven't looked back!  I am age 40, two kids, busy job. I was hating my body, feeling unfit, stressed and horrible at 40.  I had been a member of a gym but rarely went! Then I discovered Maeve Madden! I never enjoyed exercise until I started following Maeve! Honestly, it has changed my life. My husband and kids have been so supportive as I take over the living room with my mat and weights!! I have been feeling fitter, stronger, happier than I have done in a very long time. I do the workouts at least x5 a week. For some reason though, over the last 2 weeks, I have just had an energy zap. I normally feel flat a week before my period but this is different. I still do the work outs but don't have the same "feel good buzz" I used to have. My eating habits are slipping and I feel annoyed I am not noticing the physical and mental rewards I did before. Has anyone any words of wisdom for me? I need to get out of this funk!!! 

• @Catherine Gordon Heya Queen i feel ur pain. This was me very recently. Cldnt tell u what was up. I felt I was just going through the motions. With the help of the other Queens I found my mojo again. Between the come down after Xmas, clock's going forward & now easter u r probably all over the place, out of sync. 

I simply reassessed everything. Was I run down? Did I need more sleep, more Hydration? Am I getting enough fuel in my meals (which by the way I had trouble with, no appetite at all) , like protein, iron, fibre? Am I stressed? If so what is the cause? I went through everything, and one by one started seeing areas I needed to fix. I needed more sleep, more Hydration & more fresh air. I added Berocca boost to my morning routine, and honestly feeling like myself again.

Catherine make sure not to over do things. You have a lot going on with running a home, children & working, so it does catch up. Make sure to take a break when needed. Hopefully the brighter mornings & longer evenings will also help. Take care Queen 🥰 👑👑👑❤️❤️

• Thanks Audrey. This has been helpful. x

• @Catherine Gordon sometimes Queen it cld be the smallest of things causing a big impact. Chin up Catherine I know uve got this. C u on the QDQ dance floor 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• @Catherine Gordon audrey is a true inspiration and a great support!!! I would  have advised the same as her. You can do it queen and we are all here for you to help along the way!! Xx

• @Catherine Gordon Hey Catherine I have felt a bit flat myself this past week or two - think its the clock changes or prolonged lock down but I have enjoyed the last few days of chilling out and eating all the choc :) One thing I am good at is taking days off/rest time.

Defo pick the few workouts you love most and give them everything and then if you feel energised add another one in but one thing I noticed with myself last year when I started QDQ was I was trying to do every workout and I was compromising my energy and enthusiasm by trying to do everything and I was getting annoyed when I couldnt do evening workouts due to dinner and bedtime. I realised I had to stop comparing myself to everyone else and realise I had to pick and choose my time spent working out and where I could get the best outcome for myself. I found myself more motivated and energised by doing what I could when I could x

Dont be hard on yourself either hun cos you've a lot going on xx

• @Catherine Gordon oh Catherine, I absolutley feel your pain with this.  Last night I was absolutley dreading waking up to get a workout in this morning.  I felt so much better after and took myself outside for fresh air and a quick walk.  

I think this lock down is just beyond. It is so prolonged, and it always feels like when will the end come... Its ok to feel in a bit of a funk we all go through it.  The brighter evenings are so nice but probably like the girls said with the clocks going forward we are all a bit out of sync.

My advice, I personally am gonna take it easy, listen to when I need a rest, get outside more, stock up on some vitamin D and magnesium supplements. I personally enjoy taking breaks from alcohol so we are gonna go dry for a few weeks, I find this really improves my sleep and recovery.  

• Great advice and support ladies. Thank you! Like this random weather in Belfast, this funk will soon pass!! I got some snowy and sunny fresh air with the kids this morning. Feel better already.  Have a good day x

• I felt this recently too. Also 2 kids and work shifts. I started to do the workouts early as often after bedtime and all the usual jobs tidy/washing/dinner I wasn't feeling the workouts. Or kept the Pilates or sweaty 7s or arms to evening that aren't as intense. If I get it done early I feel buzzing and more energy and set up for the day. Lotties classes always leave me feeling great! You're doin great! 

• @Vicky Baker very well said ❤️