z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Shin splints& Tight Calf Muscle | MaeveMadden

Shin splints& Tight Calf Muscle

• @Leanne Fitzpatrick Good luck with the Couch to 5k!! I hope the new trainers help. My legs are finally feeling better today. I have realised how much walking helps, especially being intentional in walking normally. I did the Fireball Friday and felt fine. I am going to see if I can do THEE HIIT party later. Resting legs right now. 

• @Audrey Browne yes he did get them specially made he's been seeing podiatrists since he was a toddler, his dad had the same issue and as it was years ago he was made wear the wrong shoes on wrong feet which totally messed him up. 

They have definitely made an improvement he used to get pains in his legs and trip himself up as his right foot especially turned in. Unfortunately with them being home off school for so long he doesnt wear shoes around the house so he's probably been affected by that. He only needs to wear a half insole as its only his arches that are affected, so they weren't that expensive about 50euro,  although he's after jumping shoe sizes so must get him looked at again. I'm not  sure where you are based I know Elverys sports stores do an insole service get you to walk on treadmill and they measure your stride/gait etc and they make up insoles too but we havent tried them oursleves.

THanks I was looking at the super reps but couldnt make my mind up about them, so I bought a pair of Nike Zoomx superrep they were on offer, I'll let you know how I get on with them. If u sign up with Nike create an account to become a member they offer free postage and returns and extra members discounts, its well worth it, never had any hassle with them. Also I have tiny feet so there kids sizes go up to an adult size 6 (you may have to go up a half size depending on style).

• @Sarah H. Smith I've been suffering with shin splints for over a year so I feel your pain!! A lot of it is down to weak calves, single leg calf raises on a step have really helped me get my strength back! X

• @Georgia Fitzhenry Thanks for that!! I will start doing those more. Both of my legs are starting to feel better. Just did one class today so I don't push myself. Went for long walk this afternoon. 

• @Audrey Browne someone recommended the scholl orthotic everyday knee to heel insoles, I got them for running and I can find such a difference in my legs. I put them in my asics. I see they are on offer in McCabes pharmacy online I paid €25 they are down to €18.75 .Might be worth a try 👍

• @Sharon Murphy Thanks for this Sharon!!! I might get these. 

• @Sarah H. Smith  no probs hope it helps 🤞Nike website has a sale with the code SPRING21 you get an extra 20%off sale items some of the super reps are on sale so you get another 20% off 👟 

• @Sharon Murphy @Audrey Browne They are also £18.99 on Scholl's website. 

• @denise lyons hey Queen we're the same with having small feet I'm a 3 😅. I completely forgot about Elverys offering this service, a friend of mine told me before lockdown.. She had bn to them & was very happy. Omg Denise it can bd very expensive cant it though. 😲. Wld ur son suffer much or have the insoles worked for him??? I was told recently that I have plantar fascitis plus achilles tendinitis 😭so I have to get something sorted & fast ad I haven't bn able to do any walking since mid March & I miss it. Defo going to look into Elverys. Let me know how it goes with ur runners. 🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Leanne Fitzpatrick Queen i have every faith that ull smash ur goal no prob. Ure doing the right thing it listening to ur body. Ur patience will pay off. Wishing u all the best Leanne. U've got this girl 🥰 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Sharon Murphy oh Queen thank u soooo much for that. Very much appreciated. I'm on it straight away. 🥰🥰🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne good things come in small packages. Yes the insoles have definitely helped him and improved his walking. Oh a friend of mine suffers with both of those too can he very painful. I'd definitely talk to your gp and get a good chiropodist. 

• @Leanne Fitzpatrick unfortunately just resting shin splints wont make them go away, as soon as you start again it will spring back into pain according to my physio.
    You need to do specific strengthening exercises to help the muscle work properly. I would try the youtube ones if you cant get to a physio, and try to take a break in your running for a couple of weeks if you can.

• 2 / 2