z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Heavy Weights Ireland | MaeveMadden

Heavy Weights Ireland

• Has anyone got weights heavier than 4/5kg? and where did you get them?

Just paid 50 euro import duty on something from amazon so dont want to have to do that again!!

Againfaster only has the ones with the metal bars and I know I dont like then as my gym has them. Elverys only has p to 4/5

Argos are permanently out of stock mc sport seem quite expensive, and decathalon only seem to have the lighter ones in neoprene too.

@Maeve Madden how heavy are you thinking of going with the next challenge? Obv everyone will be different, but I'll gauge my ability based on what you are planning on using.

• @Anne Hamilton Black Anne I got the metal bar ones 7.5kg from Elverys a few weeks back €64 free shipping. I dont actually mind the bar but I might see about getting those bands Maeve was talking about to help with the friction on my palms. Some people have mentioned finding some in Tesco but I havent had any luck and you are right Argos are forever out of them! Littlewoods have got some the odd time but you would need to be checking nearly every day as its very unreliable. They are free shipping too. 

• I seen weights in O'Neill's when I was in a few weeks ago up to 10kg, neoprene ones. Not sure of the price. 

• @Brídín Quinn is that O'neills that make the tracksuit bottoms in walkinstown?

• @Anne Hamilton Black O'Neill's that do all the gaa gear! Was in my local shop in magherafelt I think they have an online shop too. 

• Hey do check sports direct for weights! 

• Hey  @Anne Hamilton Black McSport.ie have neoprene ones up to 10kg at decent prices, 10% off some at the moment and free delivery. (the 10kg pair is €58.40 which is unreal for that weight- I haven't tried neoprene beyond 5kg though but I can't imagine they are any different to the rubber hex ones?)

https://www.mcsport.ie/search?q=dumbbells&page=2

• @Sharon Scully thats a brilliant price! My 7.5kg from Elverys were €64 and they are the metal ones! Be tempted myself to get these 😅

• @Ashley Jordan I know right! I got 7.5 ones from Decathlon for about that too. I've 7.5 and next is 10kgs, trying to talk myself down from getting 8 and 9s too 🙈😂🤣🙈😂🤣

• @Sharon Scully I literally want them all 😂

• Eek I just ordered the 10kg ones off mcsport. Thanks@Sharon Scully I've metal 5 and 7.5s from a boy in Tyrone who has started making them PKdumbells on Insta they're a good price I got the 2 pairs for £80 but I prefer the neoprene. Getting prepared now for the next challenge 💪🏼😆

• @Brídín Quinn oh amazing! I love my 10kgs for deadlifts!!! Good luck with progressing!!

Oh that is a good price for  2 pairs, and lovely to support someone starting out! Same though, I do like the neoprene for my 1.5/3/5kgs that I have! 

• Hey Queens, for anyone looking for lighter weights in Ireland... I got a set of 5kg neoprene weights in argos today! First time they have been in Stock in forever!!!! I was on email list to be notified when back in Stock but didn't get an email, just checked by chance! Hope you get them if have been waiting too!!! 

• @Aoife O’Neill hallelujah 🙌🙌🙌 😂😂😂

• @Aoife O’Neill aw amazing!! Stock seems to be coming into lots of places now after the great winter drought of 20/21 😂 

I obviously twisted my own rubber arm and have ordered the 9kgs from McSport 🙈🤣

• @Anne Hamilton Black Hey Anne! Try Elvery's, Lifestyle, Argos and I'd say shop around sometimes they have sales/discount codes available to make them a bit cheaper! Hope you find what you're looking for x