z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Protein and IBS | MaeveMadden

Protein and IBS

• Hi Girls has anyone with IBS ever taken protein powder and noticed it caused IBS flares?

Ive had several this week and one last night my belly swelled up so much I literally thought it would cause strech marks, even my husband couldnt deny it was bad (he usually unsympathetically shows me his belly when I mention it😠)

• I've been using the femfuelz chocolate protein powder and I've had no issues so it might be worth checking out! 😀 It has digestive enzymes to help reduce bloating!

• @Louise Naughton I have only ever used the Fem Fulez cookies and cream.

Im not sure if its that even, just been worse than normal. I have been super stressed this week, so could also be that!!

• Ugh yes. I also discovered that I'm lactose intolerant - can't do Whey Protein at all. Soya based is meant to be okay taste wise if your tummy can tolerate it?

• @Anne Hamilton Black I have taken the fem fuelz cookies and cream also and found it ok on my tummy. I dont have diagnosed IBS but I do react to a lot of foods and protein powder is one that can trigger symtoms but I found I was ok with the FF one. 

• @Anne Hamilton Black I actually tried there cookies and cream one aswell and my tummy wasn't well after it at all but I did find it way too sweet for me aswell! I use the chocolate one mainly in smoothies now or baked oats and haven't had any issues! 

• @Anne Hamilton Black I'm the exact same. Every time I try protein I get a flare up. I've tried a few different brands and I seem to have issues with them all 😩

• It could be the sweetener in it. I suffer with IBS and react terribly to sweetener (headaches as well as bloating) x 

• @Lucy Blake So do I actually, I tried to go sugar free once and the things that were sugar free were actually horrendous on my stomach, the pain and bloating and noise from my gut!!

• @Anne Hamilton Black yes same! It's awful isn't it?