z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Pain in the hip: can I keep doing the challenge workouts? | MaeveMadden

Pain in the hip: can I keep doing the challenge workouts?

• Hi,

I have very sadly been having pain in my hip since Friday. My partner said I should rest it so I have not been able to do the lower for this week's challenge.

-Could I do this lower on the following week if I am feeling better?

-Has anybody experienced pain in the hip before? which workouts could I keep doing?

Thank you so much in advance! I feel like after 3 days of rest it is much better and I have found out that it hurts more when I am jumping so I might be able to do low impact workouts, maybe?

queen love!

• @Maria Fano Gonzalez I suffer with hip pain quite a lot queen so I really sympathise with you! Mine has actually been acting up a lot recently because I've been driving a lot which affects both my hip and my knee unfortunately. Absolutely all I can recommend is stretching and rest. Don't push yourself with an injury because you only risk doing more damage and being out for longer! It's the hardest thing having to sit out workouts but I always try not to do anything unless I'm completely feeling that my hips/knees are up for it. 

You could still try some of the upper body classes and some lower impact classes, I love Sinead's classes like Pilates and Barre when my joints are painful because of the low impact but you still get an amazing burn. Sinead also actually has loads of stretching videos for hips on her instagram and I would also recommend going through the library to find Esther's 'Hips and Heart' yoga classes. Honestly stretching is my best friend these days I tend to stretch about 3-4 times a day to avoid the pain in my joints. Make sure you're warming up properly before your workouts too queen, sometimes I get on my mat a few minutes before the workout so I can do my own warm up and the one in the workout too just to be sure my quads and hamstrings are nice and warm. 

I really hope you're okay queen and if it persists or gets too painful make sure to see a physio or your GP and they can give you some advise! These things are often best delt with asap to avoid further injury x

• Omg thank you SO much for all your tips queen! 

This is so helpful! I did some yoga hip stretches I found on YouTube and I was better. I can still feel it when I'm sitting in certain postures and then I get up, but nothing compared with last week.

I am going to try Sinead's stretches and classes. I think a month ago I tried one abs could not finish it as it was really hard haha but I will take it easy. I agree low impact will be a better choice for my at the moment :)

Thank you so much for all your advice and I hope you are okay as well and enjoying the workouts! Xxx