z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Struggling 😭 | MaeveMadden

Struggling 😭

• Hi queens, hope you are all keeping well. 
    I don't usually post here a lot but this morning I decided I needed to do something. I started QDQ back in March 2020 and have been doing it since, I came 2nd in the first challenge and felt fitter and healthier that ever, since then a lot has went on and I list my 2 grand parents in the space of 6 weeks. I have fell off the bandwagon completely in terms of my eating (drinking prosexy) going out at the weekends etc. 
    I used to do Maeves workouts 6/7 times a week and now with summer (I'm a teacher) I've more time and I just haven't been doing as many as I've been away on mini holidays. 

Butttt anyways my point is I'm feeling like s**t and feel as if all my hard work from the previous year is slipping through my fingers, I just feel so heavy again! I just can't seem to get back on track in regards to my food and I know I just need to up the exercise and continue the amazing QDQ workouts. 
    Please tell me some of you have felt like this and if you have any tips it would I be amazing to hear them. 

Thanks queens 💕♥️

• @Louise McEntee you've made the first step, said it out loud....you have decided to own this👍

I started about 5 weeks ago, I was on a long car journey with my hubby, jeans wide open they literally were giving me a cramp, on the way home I actually contemplated taking them off so I could breathe🙈hubby was like WTF!!!!

I've been on pain meds for a year and blamed my weight gain on that, in truth, my head wasnt with it and I was constantly sad, I was eating because I gave up on me.

So I started, day 1 of the challenge, didnt think about cutting my food just wanted to get through one workout! I did and just like you last year, I kept showing up,in my kids playroom sweating like a pig and heaving like a heart attack was round the corner, but kept at it!

You just need to do one workout, Maeve said yst, just do the first ten minutes and see how you feel! You can leave it if you want but just do ten minutes! Do the beginner moves, dont annoy yourself with advanced until you get one done! It will probably be so far from where you were, but it's a start right!!!

Today is day 1, take it back, own it and straighten up your crown, you've got this❤

• @Louise McEntee hey queen, hope you're feeling alright! 💗 it can be so tough when feeling like that, and i find myself that the more free time i have, and without having a routine can be very tricky to convince yourself to do the exercise and feel well.

Initially I was an instagram queen but didn't take the plunge to join QDQ online again until the start of June of this year! I was on a 2 month study leave last year and I found it hard to motivate myself to do much so don't be too hard on yourself!

With regards the food, this is definitely my downfall 🙄 it's like waiting for a switch to flip to start eating well again.. but to be honest the summer is hard to avoid temptation!! For me, once I had gotten about a week into the challenge and had done a few workouts, the cravings began to become less and i was doing less snacking naturally!

So all i can say as well as @Melissa Reilly is that the first step is the hardest and once you do this, the rest will fall into place. 😊 Hope you feel better soon x

• Hey gals 

i just joined today and this post really resonated with me. Been really out of my routine the last two weeks. I just started a new job and had a lot on so was skipping workouts and just feeling crap! Hopefully joining will be the push I need. 

• @Louise McEntee I think a lot of us can relate to this Louise so please dont feel you're alone. Its been an incredibly tough year and a half and I think we have all just lost our way at some point. The ups and downs are bound to take a toll on our mental and physical health too and especially with losing your grandparents, no one would blame you for not being in the mood for exercise. Its totally understandable. I agree with what Melissa said, just take small steps, 10 mins to begin with and choose a workout that you really enjoy, something fun,good music that will keep you motivated to continue but just give it the 10 mins. Trust me you will feel so good after it. And like Melissa said take it easy, do the beginner moves and dont feel bad about doing them either, even Maeve has to go down to the beginner moves from time to time and thats perfectly normal. We all do, not every workout will be your 100% but every workout counts and thats what makes the difference. Consistency is key! Start with setting yourself a goal, say 2/3 workouts a week, plan them out at the start of the week and try your best to commit to them. I promise after a few weeks you will start to feel so much better and once you get that buzz back it will be hard to fall back into old habits. X

• @Jane O’Brien Welcome Jane! You've definitely made the best decision joining QDQ! I started a new job last week too after having a year off so I feel you. Its hard to get into a good routine but it will come and we'll be well able to balance work, exercise and lifestyle before long, I know we will 😘

• Thanks so much for all the support girls 🥰🥰