z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Tiredness after workouts tips | MaeveMadden

Tiredness after workouts tips

• Hey Queens!!

This is my first time doing Maeve's workouts and I haven't been doing much exercise-wise during quartine just walks every couple of days. I'm finding I'm absolutely zonked for a few hours after the workouts. I know it will get better with time but just wondering if anyone has any tips for livening up again apart from drinking gallons of coffee?

• Doing the lower impact options during the workouts defo helps!  Also rest days, at the start I found doing x5 a week tough so reduced it down but I do them every day now apart from Thursday and  Sunday!  Good nutrition helps! I wasn't eating enough at the start so I have a little snack after Team Queen now and a good lunch with lots of greens etc. and helped!  Hope this helps, @Sarah Keane !x

• Hey Queen, welcome to the workouts.  oh my I totally agree with @Suzie McDonald definitley start out slow and build it up.  You may be taking too much out of yourself.  Also, hydration is key, when we become very dehydrated we get very sluggish and tired so make sure your keeping your water intake up.  Defo add in extra rest days until your ready to push to the next level, we are each on our own journey... love mm

• Thanks @Suzie McDonald and @Maeve Madden for the advice, I might take it a bit handier for the next week or two for the body to catch up 😁

• I find drinking lots of water really helps!! And just taking a minute to get your breath back-a cold shower really helps too!xx - Frances Morgan xx

• I normally feel tired just after a workout too but find having a good meal straight after (once I've got my breath back 😂) helps brings my energy levels back up x

• Hi Queens,

Just wanted to ask for advice on what @Maeve Madden said at the end of todays workout "overdoing excercising can cause no results". I do 3 weight training sessions a week (2 legs, 1 upper body) and last week started the 28 day challenge so 4 of Maeves workouts aswell. I rarely do cardio and wanted to focus on toning up which is why I joined Team Queen. Is this too much to start with or will I keep going as I am? 

Any advice appreciated :)

• @Natalie McK over exercising can take its toll on your body and u actually do stop seeing results. I used to do up to 15 classes a wk (honestly no lie) a complete variation of classes high intensity to low impact to stretching, boxing etc. I did stop seeing results it was very frustrating.But I'm seeing more results now than I have in a long time. I'm toning up way faster than I was, through all the cardio we r doing with Maeve. What u cld do is kind of combine your training with Maeves. @Maeve Madden would be able to advise you better on a few ideas or suggestions. Keep up the hard work though Queen 👑 

• Really enjoyed both workouts today I got very little sleep last night and found the workouts actually gave me energy today 😊😊😊

• I absolutely loved today's workout. I done Sweaty 7's at lunchtime and then done today's workout tonight at 8pm.....I punched myself in the face during the Wakka...not sure if this was me releasing my stress from work or tiredness but honestly nearly punched my eye out.... @Maeve Madden we all have off days but when we are perfectionist it can be hard not to beat up about it. I absolutely loved it today though! I

• @Sarah Keane You got this!  Hope you are getting on good!!x

• Thanks @Suzie McDonald took a break from the workouts over the weekend and Monday and did walks instead and back into it today feeling much better :) 

• New to the website and loving it so far.  Workout this morning was brillant 😘