z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

12 Wk Christmas Challenge Diary | MaeveMadden

12 Wk Christmas Challenge Diary

• Hey Queens as u will have seen @Caitriona ODonohoe opened a, topic page for our Challenge Goals which we all love and shared each of our goals. As she said it keeps us accountable. So I was thinking what if we shared our highs & lows about our goals each week. Things we did or didn't do, areas where we cld improve. Even tips to help eachother on this journey. Who is up for it???? I'll put up mine.

• OK so my week was OK not great but not bad either. Completed 6 Queens Don't Quit workouts plus some of my own. My step count isn't where I want it to be so I need to improve on that. My meal plan went well up to Friday morning where it went downhill 😡😡😡raging. I need to get rid of the cheat day mentality I seriously have to stick to plan. BUT my water intake has IMPROVED 3 ltrs so I'm happy with that. I NEED HELP OR TIPS TO HELP ME STOP SNACKING IN THE EVENINGS. THIS IS MY ACHILLES HEAL 😭😭😭😭

• Love this @Audrey Browne ! For me I had a good week, the Christmas challenge was just what I needed as I’d lost a bit of focus with my workouts and motivation! I only signed up for the challenge on Wed so I’m super proud to have done three workouts in that short space of time! My hydration has really improved too! On the down side I haven’t done an outdoor walk, the weather has been a bit wet and dreary so I haven’t ventured out. Hoping to get a walk in next week though! 

Eveming snacking is TOUGH to curb. I changed to Lindt dark chocolate recently and it really helped! They do some nice infusion flavours like orange / mint / salted caramel and honestly a square or two is all you need!

thanks for starting this topic, Queen!x

• @Audrey Browne my advice is to fix a time when you stop eating at all. So for example say to yourself that after 8 pm you will not eat. Have your dinner at 8 and that's it. But treat yourself time to time... Start with 3 days snack and try to reduce it... 

Hope this will help you!

• @Suzie McDonald well Queen first of all welcome to queensdontquit & Christmas Challenge u r so going to love it. Secondly 3 days in & ur 3 workouts done well done. Best way to kick-start ur journey. Already knocking it out of the park. Yes I think we do need something new & exciting to help us with our motivation & Maeve gives us that in abundance. More so now with Lottie on board & Wednesday yoga. So looking forward to that.

Glad to see u had a great week. I'm with u on getting out for more walks. So I'll b making a bigger effort this week with my walking & meal plan. Oooh I love Lindts dark choc my only fear is that I wldnt stop at 1 bar 😭. Thank u for the tip though Suzie. I love that we will all be able to help eachother out & this forum is a great platform for it especially as Covid numbers r on the rise again. 😳. Thanks for joining in Suzie have a brilliant week & don't forget to enjoy it. Stay safe Queen 👑 

• @Valeria Lorgio oh defo will try that this week queen. I know it's tough but it has to be done, mind over matter kind of thing. Thanks so much. Have a great 2nd week. Enjoy Valeria. 🤗🤗

• Hi queens, so this wk wasnt great! I completed all workouts but energy at start of wk was very low..... completed Saturdays workout 2day and killed it,  so glad energy back up! Roll on next wk xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany yes I'm finding it harder to get up in the mornings but I feel this happens to me always this time of the year. But Carmel u stuck at it Queen & as per usual u knocked it out of the park girl. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌. Early to bed Queen. 🤗🤗🤗🤗 

• I also struggled this week because I started to go to the office and I couldn't do the live so I did in the evening... It's really hard for me because I got used to doing the live... I dunno it's a different feeling. But the challenging thing pushes me to not give up and even if I feel tired I keep going and I always feel better after it. Never regret a workout!!! 

Thanks @Maeve Madden 

• @Audrey Browne you are d best queen!!!!!! Thank you xxxx

• @Valeria Lorgio never regret a workout too queen and that's what helps us do it!!!! We will always struggle from time to time but we do it and continue being the best version of us we can be!!!! I'm so proud of each and everyone one of us!!!! 

• @Valeria Lorgio i found the exact same with moving from the lives to working and doing other times! The burn I get live is always way more! But look at us continuing to push ourselves week on week!x

• Thanks so much @Audrey Browne ive actually been with Team Queen from around week 2!! But had found the past 2/3 weeks I was slipping so glad that the Christmas challenge came along! I’m definitely going to start using the forum more though, I mean look at all these lovely motivational chats we are having!! Good luck with the snacking even a little change is progress!!👑👑👑

• @Valeria Lorgio well said Queen. Never regret a workout I love that. I empathise with anyone trying to fit in a workout after a hard day's work. It is not easy but we do it & we need ti do it for ourselves. U cannot beat a live workout however if I do a catch up I convince myself it's an actual live & it works well up until I try to chat 🤣. Keep up the good work Queens 

• @Suzie McDonald oh so sorry I misunderstood I thought u had only recently joined. Whether or which Suzie u r back on the Venga Bus Queen & ull get ur mojo back no prob. Look forward to chatting with u more. #queenteamsupport 

• We are getting stronger and stronger everyday. 

Not only physically but also mentally and this is my biggest achievement...

My main goal is to train my mind... then my body!!!

• @Audrey Browne yessss Queen - back on the Venga bus!!

• Love this! The first week of the challenge I only managed the 3 workouts, felt a little unmotivated. I have been doing the workouts since the start of lockdown but found lately that I'm stuck in a bit of a rutt... I can't see my body changing (if anything I feel heavier), I'm not sore/tender after the workouts like I used to be but I'm still finding the workouts challenging when I'm doing them.

For this Christmas Challenge my goals are focused around consistency & nutrition. I have such a sweet tooth and very little will power when it comes to sweets... I also love to bake so its not ideal when it comes to fuelling my body properly & seeing results. I know it is all about moderation but lately I have definitely been over indulging. 

So glad to have the support and advice from this group ❤️ Really looking forward to adding the yoga session into my routine as well 👑

• This is such a great idea @Audrey Browne !!1 I've only seen this now! Okay, so my high this week was maintaining my step goal every day this week, my low was not keeping up with my hydration :(.  I'm also finding it really hard trying to maintain a normal sleep schedule and keeping on top of uni work so I'm trying to find a happy medium 😅. SMASHED all my workouts though #priorities lol!! I love reading everyone's goals!! This definitely will help motivate us and we can all power through this challenge as true QUEENS! 👸

• @Audrey Browne I can only sympathise with the cheat meals! Literally found myself having a cheeky vegan magnum a few times this week (i'm blaming the time of the month, but let's be real). Gonna try cut them out or keep them as a Treat... let's see how this goes lol