z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Barre Ballet - whatttttt!!!!! 😍 | MaeveMadden

Barre Ballet - whatttttt!!!!! 😍

• My barre queens we are just getting stronger and stronger each week!! @Pam Curry you can just jump in to this weeks class I tend to mix and match the exercises so it's always a little different! And there are always modifications!! 😊

Let me know how you get on and if you have any questions! I think the queens would agree that after the first few classes you start to get into the swing of it!!

• @Ciara Jennings Don't be worrying about how high up you are! It's not about where you start it's about the journey!!🥰 Little and often and you'll start to see improvements! 

the benefits of stretching are never in teaching the pose! That's only just a motivator because it's easier to keep doing it if you're trying to work towards a goal! 😂

• Anyone else feel like they slept so well last night, after the barre class?😌

• @Katie Maxwell i love the class. It's amazing. I always feel amazing after it. 

• @Sinead Corcoran OMG u did it again queen. That was absolutely amazing, fantastic out of this world. Who knew a teatowel can cause so much pain but in a good way. Oh Queens if u haven't tried Barre Ballet yet pls do. It is a must class. Thoroughly thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed it. 😂😂😂😂 There won't be a teatowel left between us Queens. 😂😂😂😂😂 Thanks a million again Sinead. 💞 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne @Sinead Corcoran oh my gosh I love it so much too!!! I do it on on my phone and cudnt chat during the middle 😬😬.  Ill never look at a tea towel in the same way again, I nearly threw it out the window....😁😁😁. That was a deliciously spicy workout,  thank you sooooooo much sinead xxxx

• @Carmel Mulvany I'm with u Queen, so spicy. I loved it from start to finish. I threw in a few swears words I'll admit but so worth it. 💞👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne me too 🤐🤐🤐🤐

• @Sinead Corcoran Amazing class this evening again. Didnt make it to the live, but so glad i got to do it shortly after. I was half thinking of leaving it for this evening but counted down from 5, got my arse in gear and did it! Feel fab 🥰 Hope you are enjoying your well deserved wine. 

That tea towel though.. oh lordie 🥵

• Oooohh it sounds like the perfect class to start the day with tomorrow 🙌🏼

• @Audrey Browne @Sinead Corcoran i have been a bit AWOL on the forum as of late but i promise i have still been around and doing my catch up workouts!! Just popped because i har to say tonights class was the best yet, i loved it so much and can feel myself getting so much stronger!! Just want to say thank you, and omg who knew a tea towel could hurt that much?!x

• @Sinead Corcoran I tried to join in today and it seems to be heavy on the knees. Is there a workaround to make it a little easier? I haven't noticed my knee pain in so long so not sure if it's just a no go for me or if there are modifiers! 

• @Katie Maxwell I slept like a baby last night that's for sure!!! 

• @Jenifer Dagn@Audrey Browne@Carmel Mulvany @Danielle McKay I'm already wondering what piece of household equipment we'll give a new lease of life next!!

Not going to lie to you ladies last nights burn even caught me by surprise!! It's incredible to see how we've upped the level since we started in November!! :)

• @Pam Curry Oh I'm so sorry to hear you had pain!

there's a couple of things you can try

1. Check your alignment make sure your knees are in a straight line over your toes.

2. Keep your pulses teeny tiny you really want to be thinking of the,pm coming from your pelvic floor than your knees (that's for everyone queens)

3. When we do quick up and downs you could instead hold down for a count of 3 and then up and lower down.

It's hard to say without seeing you but if you wanted to pop me over a quick video of you in a plié with heels together and in 2nd which is the wide stance I may be able to see your alignment - you can send it to me on Instagram @sineadcorcoran

The only other piece of advise I have is just to skip that section and make it a 30 minute workout so last night for example we only did about 5 minutes of the plié pulse leg work and the time went onto arms and standing bums.

I also teach Pilates on a Friday morning which might be more what you were hoping to find - low impact but still working on the long lines and strong core

I hope that helps! Sorry it's an essay! 😘😘

• What a class. Who knew what a burn a tea towel could bring to a class. The burn was unreal. 💙👑🌶️🔥

• @Sinead Corcoran ha ha wow. I'm intrigued to see what other household items can cause such a burn. I love it. The class flys by too. 

• @Jenifer Dagn ha ha that's brilliant. Great discipline there. Well done. 

• @Sinead Corcoran you are best 💗💗💗 I'll give it a go again next week. I think that will totally make a difference. I know when I have to modify normal exercises but was at a loss last night ha!! 

And yes for Pilates, I'll never make the early class but will do it later in the day 😃

Thanks so much for all the info 😘💗 

• @Sinead Corcoran oh my god I never thought I'd be praying to go back to the chair! That tea towel! Who knew it could cause so much burn 😂 loved the class, feel like I'm living out my ballerina dreams 😍😂