z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Calorie counting yay or nay? | MaeveMadden

Calorie counting yay or nay?

• @Rebecca Robinson hi Queen. The only (diet) - I use this term as a dirty word, it's tracking your lifestyle which makes you not crave the bad stuff, was when I tracked the TDEE for my lifestyle. This was basically eating a lot of protein and fibre for my statistics which were high protein and fats and few cards. There are a few a TDEE calculators if you google to work out yours  best of luck, you wont crave sugar and salt by the end of it 💪🏻

• @Helen Must hi queen! Oh thats amazing im a (not so) secret sweet snacker 🙈 thank you! I will have a look into this, sounds like a good guide to start me off! 

I love all this help everyone has given! Hopefully I will be able to find the right ballance for me after looking into everyone's advice! Thank  you all so much! And I hope this helps any other queens who are in the same boat! 👑❤

• @Maeve O'Keeffe love my fitness pal as you can scan the barcodes and it breaks down the calories for each portion- without going strict with it- it's a very helpful guide. It also advises depending on your activity what your calorie intake should be.

• @Maeve Madden Just a quick question re the food guide - will there be a guide/substitutions for various diet restrictions? Completely understand with a community this large it's difficult to cater for everyone. I do struggle sometimes when making gluten free substitutions if it's the right substitution and/or if I should alter the portion size. 

In any case - having a nuitritional expert is pretty class!

• Yes I do calorie count on MFP but it's more so that I have an idea of proper portion sizes for me and also that I don't mindlessly eat. But I still have anything and everything I want, I just know now that I have a fun size bag of Maltesers and not the normal sized bag and I fit my snacks round my main meals and not the other way round like I used to. I should also say that I was given my calorie advice by a qualified PT based on my height and weight etc and everyone will be different. Different motors need different fuel!

• Woohoo roll on the nutritionist. That will be something new. 

• I'm so glad I read through this thread. I'm in the same position as I'm not really sure on what I should be eating and how much I should be eating in order to achieve my goals. I've been looking online and there's so much it's easy to get lost 🙈 

• @Caitriona Lyons hi Caitroina, most of the recipes are gluten free I do think, this is because im not a big gluten eater myself.... I would say that when cooking we tend to use whole foods rather anything processed and I am not a pasta eater... You know yourself, with oats, breads, barley etc of course you can buy gluten free options.  I will pop through the guide again and see if we can add that in 

• @Hannah Dagens it's so easy to get lost and baffled with it all and reading different advice just confused me! But I've been following the queens advice on here and I think I'm starting to get my head around how much I should be eating, I've found downloading my fitness pal has helped show me portion size and what is in my meals (if that makes sense!) For me bringing my snacking down has been hard but eating meals that fill me for longer has made me think do I actually need this snack or am I just eating for the sake of it! Although i still need a biscuit with my cuppa on a weekend 🙈 

• @Maeve Madden cheers thanks! 

• 2 / 2